• ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    In 1956.

First vehicle (1954), 1941 Harley flat-head, prong-shifter tricycle Parking-Ticket dispenser at the police auction. I was looking for a bicycle I knew had been stolen. Kept it until graduating, and most of the time it was an experiment in Auto Shop. First title-transferred vehicle, 1932 Ford 5-window coupe, rumble-seat, roll-down rear window, swing-up wind-shield, one wind-shield-wiper, flat-head V-8 85-H.P., wire wheels including rear-mounted spare, oxide primer, no Bondo, canvas top, original bumpers, chrome, head-lights, park-lights, still had WWII ration-sticker on wind-shield, locking gas-cap. I paid $25 for it, put in a (6-Volt) battery and drove it home. Every mosquito in the county died that night from oil fumes. It ended up, full-fendered and channeled with a 327 Chevy in it, Model-A rear spring, and a two-speed differential, and I sold it for over $5,000. Wish I had not. Sold the ice-cream-scooter also.

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    1960_Chev_Pickup-may7.jpg

1960 Chevy Pickup kind of like this one

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    1987 Ford Thunderbird with a 5.0HO(high output 302). Had a digital dash that the speedometer light burned out on. No idea how I didn't end up in jail from not knowing how fast I was going, other than as fast as it would go, 16yo + V8 = :nono:

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    1994 Dodge Dakota 2wd with the 5.2 V8
    Quick little truck and was a blast in the snow, drove it through high school and a year of college before it blew up while I was driving down U.S. 41

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Technically my first car was an 88 Buick LeSabre T-Type. I had it for a whopping 2 days before I blew the motor up being a jack@$$ kid. My dad was livid cause he had saved it for me for quite some time.
    lesabre.jpg

Those T-types were fantastic cars!!! My dad had one that he drove the wheels off of. I still see a few of them around every now and again.

Man...lot of seasoned citizens aboard INGO... hehe.

The first car that was "mine" was a 1987 Buick Somerset; gray ext, gray int, 3.0L V-6, one of the first electronic dash displays. It developed some interesting and intermittent stalling issues. I'd drive the 6 miles from school into town for work; first stoplight, it'd die on me. After I'd complain, my dad would drive the car for an entire week...and it'd never die on him. I'd get it back, and my first trip into town from school...it'd die. I used to pray for green lights. Got to the point where I'd have to make sure I was in Neutral when slowing to stop.

Next car was a 1990 Buick LeSabre 2-door. White ext, blue int, 3800 V-6. I drove that car until 2002/3 when it developed a terminal rod/bearing issue. I STILL miss that car.

First car I ever bought myself was a 1997 Chrysler Concorde; maroon ext, tan int. 3.5L V-6. That car was QUICK for being so big. Nice car...until it suffered from the all-too-common Chrysler Makes Crappy Transmission Syndrome.

-J-

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    A 1941 Chevrolet coupe. My dad bought it for me in the spring for $25, I drove it around out in the fields all summer, and we sold it in the fall for $50. Learned a lot about driving with that old Chevy!

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    My first car that was solely mine was an 86 chevy sprint. It was a red 2 door hatchback with a grey drivers door. The windows were tinted so dark you had to roll them down at night to make sure no one was coming. I did love that car though. It was my ATH(all terrain hatchback) It died when the clutch went out. Cost as much as the car to replace. Luckily m aunt had the same car and had just gotten a different one so she gave me her 87 sprint. No tint, idled really high and just wasnt right. I only drove it for a couple weeks. I then started driving a 92 Astro Van(chick magnet) still in high school mind you. while driving around town I saw this house had a bunch of junk around it and 3 chevy srpints in the drive. I pulled in and went to the door. I told them I had 2 chevy sprints sitting at my house I needed to get rid of and asked if they were interested in buying. Sold both for $750. Made my dad happy. He had been on me for weeks to get rid of them.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Had, I think it was a 92 Corsica. Not a bad car at all, except the paint falling off. I think I got it over 170k before I sold it, then bought a Sig 230 with some of the money :)

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    SAM_0241.jpg

I had a Burgandy 79 Cutlass with T-tops. The only drawback was the diesel engine in it. Not bad for a first car. I blew the engine up, kinda on purpose....it was tired :D My dad dropped a 350 in it. With the dual exhaust, air shocks, and Keystone classic rims, I was one cool 80's chick! :rockwoot: It was also equip with Pioneer box speakers and a programmable 6 channel stereo with tape deck! I know.... You're all drooling! ;)

Top Bottom