What was the best concert you have ever seen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Did anyone attend the concert at the old Coney Island back in 76 or 77? I cant remember who all were there. I remember BTO,Nazerath,Outlaws. There were around 30 or more bands at the event.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Tough one...
    Buddy Rich
    Maynard Ferguson
    Doc Severinson
    Clark Terry
    Henery Questa
    Woody Herman
    Tommy Dorsey
    Al DiMeola/ His Elegant Gypsy Suite was the BOMB.

I get to work stage security for Verizon/Conseco/Murat now so I don't "see" any concerts because my back is to the performers. I have heard several outstanding concerts though!!!

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Hard to say, I have seen so many.
    I surprised the ex- wife with James Taylor tickets at Elliott Hall, real good show.
    Saw George Jones,Randy Travis, Sammy Kershaw in Indy.
    Alabama, Clint Black, Lori Morgan at Elliott hall.
    Waylon and Willie at Star Plaza.
    Many others.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Did anybody see AC/DC with the Japanese group "Loudness"? I think it was during the "Who Made Who" Tour. That Japanese group rocked... I was surprised.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Did anybody see AC/DC with the Japanese group "Loudness"? I think it was during the "Who Made Who" Tour. That Japanese group rocked... I was surprised.
    I think that is the same show I saw at Commonwealth convention center in Louisville. It was so frikken loud, tiny room, smaller than most high school gyms, but it ROCKED!! I was thinking it was the Fly on the wall tour though, maybe 1985-86.

I also got the chance to see Neil Young last May at the Palace in Louisville, that was a memorable one as well.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    1. George Thorogood & The Destroyers at the Vogue (1980 or 1981...I can't remember)...they played for over 3 hours straight without a break...it was awesome for a small venue.

2. Kansas @ MSA in the mid 80's...the sound and acoustics were great.

3. Nugent @ MSA....lost some of my hearing from that concert, my ears rang for 3 days after.

4. Deep Purple @ MSA....it was the first year that Market Square Arena was open and was my very first concert....I learned what a contact high was.:D

5. Rolling Stones @ MSA...1989, The Steel Wheel North American Tour

Last edited:

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I got to see 2Pac, that was awesome. Lollapalooza '92, alice in chains was epic as well. White Zombie and Anthrax at Deer Creek was great. Eddie Money was great. Marilyn Manson at the coliseum was great as well. Best concert ever...... Hall & Oates at a local bar, went with my brother, best concert ever.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Tough one...
    Buddy Rich
    Maynard Ferguson
    Doc Severinson
    Clark Terry
    Henery Questa
    Woody Herman
    Tommy Dorsey
    Al DiMeola/ His Elegant Gypsy Suite was the BOMB.

I get to work stage security for Verizon/Conseco/Murat now so I don't "see" any concerts because my back is to the performers. I have heard several outstanding concerts though!!!

Our High School Band director took us to see Maynard Ferguson in 1975? It was an awesome show. I've never seen Al DiMeola live, but "Race with the devil on a spanish highway " kicks a$$.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    1. David Allen Coe, Mel Mc Daniel, Hank Williams Jr. in Jackson Miss 1985
    2. Alice Cooper, have seen a couple times and he is great
    3. Toby Keith and Trace Adkins a couple years ago in Tinley Park

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    Been to a lot of concerts but got to say the best one was Pantera in 92. The lead singer, Phil Anselmo, came off the stage to the floor and started a mosh pit right in front of me. Goodtimes!

Went to see Pantera in 94-95, touring for "Far Beyond Driven". damn good show. During the encore an extended version of a "Planet Caravan"
    cover Phil and DimeBag shared a doobie someone tossed up on stage during the show.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    1. Pink Floyd @ The Hoosier Dome '94
    2. Rob Zombie in Lousiville (one of the fairground venues) '09
    3. STP @ Elliott Hall '96( or '97?) (I'm pretty sure Purdue had to replace the first 15 rows of seats after that concert)
    4. Janes Addiction @ Verizon '09
    5. Ministry @ the Egyptian Room (Murat) '95

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    It wasn't necessarily the best concert, but Green Day at XFest in 2000 (I think) put on one hell of a show. They ended with Billy Joe playing Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) solo while Tre Cool's drum set burned in the background. The flames put off by a fully engulfed drum set were pretty impressive. They definitely upstaged the headliner, STP, that year.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    It wasn't necessarily the best concert, but Green Day at XFest in 2000 (I think) put on one hell of a show. They ended with Billy Joe playing Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) solo while Tre Cool's drum set burned in the background. The flames put off by a fully engulfed drum set were pretty impressive. They definitely upstaged the headliner, STP, that year.

It was in 2000. I was there as well and it was AMAZING!! I also liked it when Billy brought a guy out of the crowd to let him play guitar through one of the songs. The place went crazy when they set the drums on fire. Also, you are spot on about them stealing the show and STP not even coming close to the show they put on.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Wow, how does one pick a best? Let's see:
    My first concert was at the Hulman Civic Center. I saw the KISS Destroyer Tour Show, Uriah Heep warmed up. :rockwoot:That was back when they still had "Festival Seating" where there were no chairs on the floor because they would have just gotten in the way and ended up being thrown up on the stage with the Little Kings bottles.

But I think I would have to say Pink Floyd--Momentary Lapse of Reason at the Dome in 1985 (I think, HA!)

Eric Clapton at the Palace of Auburn Hills was quite awesome. Stevie Ray Vaughn showed up and sat in for 3 or so songs with the band, he then died a few days later. Aretha Franklin danced "Wonderful Tonight" with a band member on stage, and Bob Seger was sitting on the 2nd row.

I have also been to U2- Joshua Tree, Genesis, BTO (at the Vogue), Steve Winwood (Robert Cray warmed up), ZZ TOP (twice) the list goes on and on.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    Wow, how does one pick a best? Let's see:
    My first concert was at the Hulman Civic Center. I saw the KISS Destroyer Tour Show, Uriah Heep warmed up. :rockwoot:That was back when they still had "Festival Seating" where there were no chairs on the floor because they would have just gotten in the way and ended up being thrown up on the stage with the Little Kings bottles.
    I bet that was one of those shows at the Hulman Center my dad always talks about. It makes me sick to hear the list of bands he has seen two or three at a time and the ticket was only five bucks.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I bet that was one of those shows at the Hulman Center my dad always talks about. It makes me sick to hear the list of bands he has seen two or three at a time and the ticket was only five bucks.

HCC is an awesome place to see a show. Uriah Heep TRASHED the stage. (Which, for you younguns, was good at the time. Don't try this at home kids.)

I saw RAT and Blackfoot there once too.

Top Bottom