Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From another thread:

IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2;

Just tell them they are breaking that law. :)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Jump away, crouch behind cover and ask very loudly, "Is he still pointing it this way?"

Oh, I guess that still causes a scene.

I'm not so worried about causing a scene, so I think your response is the correct one :D

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    OK, I'm still confused... why in the world is someone pulling out his carry piece in a store?

The scenario doesn't make sense to me unless you are describing an armed robbery in progress.

If it is some boob showing off, he deserves to have his gun physically moved away, or taken away..

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    The OP is referring to idiots in a gun store who point one of the "for sale" guns at others, usually unintentionally. Even though you know the gun is probably unloaded it is very disconcerting, and the offending person should be set straight. I did have a friend, whom I was going to teach to shoot, point a loaded, cocked, .357 mag at me while asking a question. I very calmly instructed him to put the gun on the bench and step away from it. When he complied, I not so calmly taught him to never point a gun at someone you were not ready to shoot. I don't believe he will ever forget that lesson.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sometimes people just get a moment of stupid and need a reminder. Now, some people get those moments back to back and they are the ones to watch out for...
    :lol2:
    Excellent!

As for the topic, it's the one thing that bugs me about Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka. The handgun cases form a big circle in the center. Every time I have been in there, being swept happens all the time. I know the case guns are unloaded..... still makes me uncomfortable.

lacroixdp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Happens at least once a month at my favorite gun range/gun store in IL. I let them know in no uncertain terms without concern of causing a scene. It is irresponsible, and indicative of someone that shouldn't be a firearm owner quite yet. If no one bothers to point it out, they'll never learn.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I consider myself a very safe and responsible gun handler. With that said, a good friend of mine who owns a gun shop has pointed out to me that I swept him a couple of times. Ii did not MEAN to. I did not even REALIZE I did it. If anyone else but him said it I would still be questioning if I REALLY did it. I guess my point is this; ALWAYS be polite and do not make a scene when pointing out to someone that they swept you. They most likely do not realize that they did it at all. We all make mistakes and getting publically embarassed does not help anything. Of course, a more aggressive stance can come when dealing with someone doing something more dangerous like some of the previous stories.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    The way most gun shops are set up ,it's hard not to point a gun too close to someone when you're handling it. And isn't fun to fill out your forms while some gangbanger is looking over your shoulder, you move over and someone else does it! I would like a store that has a safe place to check out your gun, and a nice private table and chair(imagine that) to fillout your forms.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The way most gun shops are set up ,it's hard not to point a gun too close to someone when you're handling it. And isn't fun to fill out your forms while some gangbanger is looking over your shoulder, you move over and someone else does it! I would like a store that has a safe place to check out your gun, and a nice private table and chair(imagine that) to fillout your forms.

Please open a gun shop. :)

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    I find a stern "Don't point that Fu**ing thing at me!!" usually works. I may be wrong, but I want to cause a scene. That way the offender has it burned into his brain not to do it again by embarrASSment. Most peolpe will say they, are sorry and that is the end of it. Only once, did I have someone get upset at my responce to being swept, and the store owner threw him out. It's about my safety and others. I don't care if I hurt their feelings!

Top Bottom