• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I use my city gas card to fill up my patrol car whether I'm on duty or off duty, per S.O.P.. I am not allowed to fuel that vehicle any other way.

Using a city gas card to fuel up a personal vehicle is theft, pure and simple. I know of one officer (years ago) fired for doing just that.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I didn't think you were bashing cops. Your answer is the same as mine, I've invested too much time and effort in this career and I'm too old to change up now but that doesn't stop people from throwing it in my face.

I don't put many miles on patrol car off duty and I don't work a lot of part time work. I do however spend a lot of my off duty time doing work which benefits the agency and I don't get paid for it. I'm on call 24/7 so I have to have access to the car and my equipment, I think it works out more than fair in the end.

Same here. We always have stuff that needs done but no budget money. And considering we only have 25 guys it is not at all uncommon for a few of us to do thinks for free. No OT here. Compt time only, when you can use it that is.

Jim Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    What the hell did you just witness?

The death of the republic on a micro scale.

There is much worse out there on the macro scale.

The results are the same.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think take home cars are great. It puts the police "presence" out there. I personally like to see patrol cars in parking lots, at little league games, etc. I always assume the LEO is armed and is right there if needed. I think the OP was upset about the running of the stop sign. He has a right to be honked about that.

Yup

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw some haters today too. I also gave some kids coloring books and stickers when they asked if I was going to take their mommy to jail (traffic infraction). did I *need* to give those things out? no, but there are those out there who would say that the books and stickers are wastes of tax dollars as well....

Not me.....

Top Bottom