• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    What's the smallest caliber it would take to set off a jar of tannerite? The guys are getting together tomorrow to do some shooting and it might be fun to have a few jars of it on hand.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I opened this thread hoping he was asking how much tannerite to shoot...

ALL OF IT! Record it too.

But yea, as said above, you need a higher velocity round. My uncle's .22mag wouldn't do it, but my .308 did.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    If you're looking for something to set off with a .22 try sure shot magnum exploding targets, they actually display a flash when they go off accompanied by a louder boom I bought a 10 pack of mini targets (silver dollar size) and experienced way more WOW factor than I did with a 1/2 of tannerite. My buddy managed to set a few off with his Mark III...my only complaint was that the flash it produces is so bright that looking at it through a scope blinds you for a second. Other than that I find this product superior to tannerite IMHO. Cheapest I've found it was at Sure Shot Exploding Targets it reached my door in 2 days

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    If you're looking for something to set off with a .22 try sure shot magnum exploding targets, they actually display a flash when they go off accompanied by a louder boom I bought a 10 pack of mini targets (silver dollar size) and experienced way more WOW factor than I did with a 1/2 of tannerite. My buddy managed to set a few off with his Mark III...my only complaint was that the flash it produces is so bright that looking at it through a scope blinds you for a second. Other than that I find this product superior to tannerite IMHO. Cheapest I've found it was at Sure Shot Exploding Targets it reached my door in 2 days

on the site you posted it say 223 or larger or it won't go off?....i guess i'm missin' somthing?

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Well, I'm hoping the guy that has the 223 will come. If he says he will, I hear Bradis II has a pretty good deal on Tannerite and I'll drop by and get some.

Thanks!

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, I'm hoping the guy that has the 223 will come. If he says he will, I hear Bradis II has a pretty good deal on Tannerite and I'll drop by and get some.

Thanks!

I'm sure that there are several INGO members who would volunteer to come by with an AR and blow stuff up. :ar15::ar15::ar15:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I'm sure that there are several INGO members who would volunteer to come by with an AR and blow stuff up. :ar15::ar15::ar15:

Might be OK for a couple of extras, not my property though. Just myself and a few Bro's from our church meeting out in the country to shoot stuff, maybe ride 4 Wheelers... My friend who owns the property said he set up some kind of "range path" in the woods for us to walk where we can shoot at targets while moving. I guess he has a 200 yard range set up as well.

Top Bottom