What Should the US do if/when China Invades Taiwan?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How should the US react to a Chinese Invasion of Taiwan?

• Send US forces to directly confront Chinese forces.

Votes: 11 21.6%
    • Support Taiwan with weapons, supplies and advisors.

Votes: 12 23.5%
    • Stand back and react only with diplomacy and maybe sanctions. It's not our war.

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I would be ok with sending some sort of weapons, humanitarian aid, etc. Not advisors though (Vietnam).

To those who voted for our forces confronting Chinese forces, would you be ok with you, your spouse, children or grandchildren having to go, against their will? Genuinely asking, not trying to be smart.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    To those who voted for our forces confronting Chinese forces, would you be ok with you, your spouse, children or grandchildren having to go, against their will? Genuinely asking, not trying to be smart.
    No. If China lands on our beaches, I'm cool with defending our homeland. If China lands on the beaches of Taiwan, would I even know? Should I care? We aren't protecting our own borders. Taiwan's borders are less of a concern to me. Crass, for sure. So what? (directed at the people responsible)

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I would be ok with sending some sort of weapons, humanitarian aid, etc. Not advisors though (Vietnam).

Yes, I would go and I'm an old fart now. Don't care...I would go for the old adage of Truth, Justice and the American Way...I would go because it's the right thing to do just like sending the American Volunteer Group was the right thing to do to fight Imperial Japan; fighting the ChiComs is the right thing to do. If you think that's just too hard or inconvenient that's on you.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    "If you meet an ***hole in the morning, you met an ***hole. If you keep meeting ***holes all day, you're the ***hole."

I really truly have no idea what we should do about Taiwan, but I do think we need to ask ourselves why we are constantly in conflict with somebody.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Getting involved in that seems like a really bad idea. But I assume we have committed at least a certain amount of support to them. I’d say we have to help to whatever extent we have already agreed if specifics were given.

What if Taiwan somehow suddenly had a few nuclear weapons and a delivery system. Something short or medium range. We do that rather than fight China directly, and pretend we have no idea who gave them that stuff - maybe buy some equipment from Israel on the down low and pass it along to Taiwan so it doesn’t have our fingerprints on it. Worse comes to worse, China at least suffers for Taiwan.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Honestly, it Doesn't matter what we say about this.
    The current Admin will do Nothing WHEN this happens, because it would cut into the "Big Guy's 10%" from China.
    Yes, I truly believe it Will happen Before the 2024 Elections.
    China is Not gonna risk Possibly having to deal with a New US Administration.
    JMO

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone listening to Glenn Beck now? ****, listen at your own risk with a couple Xanax and a shot of something. Congressman Chris Stewart is on saying China will invade by next election because this is a weak administration. They are estimating GDP will drop 9%. During the first year of The Great Depression it dropped 7% for reference.

Looks like another run to Costco for papertowels and TP is in order.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Once the shooting gets started I don't think there will be enough time to decide on defense before the island is under essential military control. Taiwan would have to have a hefty SAM system to deal with airborne troops and some sort of mines or solid sub barrier to stop naval resupply and reinforcement of the troops already on the island. The question would then be more offensive from the US perspective, how do we take it back?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'd prefer to start with our own leftists.
    Use their favorite strategy against them. Declare a 'wartime emergency' and take drastic action against them, removing Biden and Harris for collaboration/treason and muddling through with temporary president McCarthy until we can elect someone with cajones again

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    They can have everything west of Vegas. I would support a blockade that prevents anyone from leaving states West of Vegas
    Give our enemy all of our pacific coast ports, resources, military bases and production capacity and plenty of land to stage an eastward push to invade the rest of the mainland?

This is the kind of brilliant analysis that keeps me coming back to INGO.

:):

Top Bottom