What pistol do you regret selling the most?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I had a S&W 686 with a 3" barrel and a round butt. It was a bit large for concealed carry, so I traded it for something a little lighter. Right after I traded it, I received my new copy of "Guns & Ammo" and it had an article on the Smith and Wessons that never were. It seems my gun was an overrun on a U.S. Customs order.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    A Dan Wesson .22 with a 6" barrel. It was the best shooting .22 i have ever shot. Wish I could get mine back or another one.

aijk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Eminence
    I sold my desert eagle just because i paid $700 for it and sold it for $1100 after having it for a year. Still wish i hadn't.:(

reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    all three of mine where at the same time a colt rail gun, a S&W M&P45, and a Beretta 92FS. All traded for a Sport quad that was bad@$$ but i hated to get rid of them. I still miss them and regret to have done it.:(

Superj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Florida
    My sig 230. I missed it so much that I bought two 232 pistols a month later after selling the 230. The 230/232 platform is a pleasure to carry and incredibly accurate

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    A S&W 686 plus and a S&W 625 and a XD 40 Tactical and a FM Hi power detective multiple 1911's.....the list goes on

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There are a couple for me....a WII nazi P-38 and a WII polish Radom.
    Both in excellent condition and matching numbers.

Ach! I feel your pain. If only you had sold them to me.

The only pistol I have traded was a G36 and I regret it but not much since you can pick them up for the same price.

I will not sell or trade my Radom.

dpetreikis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Every. Single. One. And I've (unfortunately) sold my fair share of guns.

I had a Walther PPK. Hit a tight spot and sold it to a friend on the agreement that he'd hold on to it for me until things got better and I could by it back from him. A few months later, when I had things squared out and tried, he told me that he'd sold it off at a gun shop a few weeks before. I was .. upset.

I inherited a couple of good guns from my father - a Ruger Bearcat, Colt pre-Woodsman and a Browning "Baby" 25. sold them all off like a damn fool.

Traded a perfectly good Charter Arms Undercover for a lemon S&W model 36.

Sold off a S&W model 1917 for pennies against what they're selling for now.

Bought a Norinco 1911 back when they first came out for less than $300 NIB. Used ones go for twice that now.

Perhaps worst of all, a little over a decade ago, I was able to build up quite a nice little collection. Then I met a woman who had excellent persuasive abilities, a dislike of firearms in general and a complete lack of money management skills. Every month, she'd come around, complaining of her lack of money for bills, followed by "you don't really need all those guns, do you?...." Next thing ya know, I'd be down at the gun store, selling off one of my collection. One by one they all went until I was left with nothing but my beloved USP, until eventually even that one had to be sold off to pay the bills.

That woman is history now, and I've started to rebuild my collection.

Never again....

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    Sadly I'm a lower middle class person, so I've had to sell a few guns that I regret:
    1. (and the saddest of all) Kimber Grand Raptor II
    2. Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm
    3. Glocks 17, 19, 26, 22, and 27

The only two guns that don't make me sad thinking about are a crappy Raven Arms .25 and a Ruger Super Single Six.

Top Bottom