I win the internet, again

haywas12.jpg

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Got a master built 30 for Christmas good simple electric smoker bought a Bluetooth leave in thermometer just check it every once and awhile its good to go nice steady heat.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm wanting to get into smoking some meat but not sure if I want electric, gas, or charcoal? I've read pro's and cons on all 3. It will be an outside unit and my budget is around $500. I've got a buddy with a green egg and he loves it and I have another buddy with a Traeger and he loves it. Both of those are out of my budget.

Can INGO provide me with suggestions??
    I have a BGE, two Traegers, and a Brinkmann horizontal offset smoker, I like them all, but use each for different purposes. $500 will get you into an entry level Traeger as well. I prefer the Egg to all of them, but the Traegers are so stupid simple to use! The offset firebox is a pain in the ass to keep dialed in, but produces what I think is the best end product taste wise?

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I got the MES 30 on black Friday and am loving it so far. I still have my El cheapo charcoal smoker, but don't need it anymore. With this electric pretty much set it and forget it. I have an A-Maze-ing pellet smoker tray to put in and I get continously smoke for 10-12 hrs. Has enough space that I did a 14 lb turkey and a 9lb pork shoulder for Christmas

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I love my Masterbuilt electric smoker. Everyone loves the product coming off the smoker. Set it and forget it for the most part. I wouldn't keep it outside though. They do make a cover for it but I wouldn't trust it out in the elements and someone may lift it.

My brother loves his egg and keeps it outside. I have had some of his stuff and it is great.

All depends on your style and how much work you want to put into it.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Set it and forget it is the only way to go for me. I don't have the time or want to spend the time tending. Easiest out there is an electric like have been mentioned here. It won't give you a true smoke ring on the meat but you can get an electric pellet feed that will. I like and use a cookshack that a got 8 years ago and it's still going strong.

Top Bottom