• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I'd find one at Walmart or your lgs and just buy a cheap one. Then you can make it look however you want. Probably just over $200.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What's your goal? The takedown is pretty popular and super easy to clean. I have the standard carbine. Just got it a few weeks ago at the 1500 for $239.

Want the heavy stainless barrel? Wood or synthetic stock? Don't ask us which one to get.... ask yourself. Then good luck finding it right now.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Don't ask us which one to get.... ask yourself. Then good luck finding it right now.

I think this line pretty much knocks the ball out of the park.

There are so many options out there for factory 10-22's that you can usually get almost exactly what you want straight from the factory. Once it's in your hands you can change & upgrade whatever else you'd like.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Heh, I literally don't know anything about them. Haven't ever owned a rifle either. Guess it's time to start researching!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm looking for one also and would either like to find an old one with the better trigger or plan on upgrading a new one. I would build my own if I could pick up a receiver at a good price. Which I will be looking for at the show this weekend!

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I'm planning on getting the takedown once inventories are up and prices go back down. Would love to find one of the olympic team models because the wife's favorite color is blue.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Heh, I literally don't know anything about them. Haven't ever owned a rifle either. Guess it's time to start researching!

If it's your first rifle ever then I'd go with what feels good and looks cool to you. If you're going carry it a long ways, consider a lighter barrel. If you're going to be sitting at a bench get the heavy barrel. If you genuinely aren't really concerned about a lot of things and just want to get one then compare the cheapest wood stocked version vs the cheapest plastic stock version and buy what you prefer. The real beauty of the 10-22 is that you're not going to go wrong buying one. Seriously, the design is so old and proven that even if you were in the tiny percentage of people who've ever had a problem with the gun you would have sooooo much support out there in terms of parts, and guys on forums like this. Sounds to me like you should just go buy one of whatever is available to make sure you have one and you can start seeing what you like and don't like about it and change from there. The 10-22 I bought years ago wouldn't even be recognized if compared to how it came from the factory.

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Wait, should I seriously get the marlin or are people messing with me? Lol

Just get the 10/22 possibly the 2nd most upgradeable gun behind the ar platform they make a ton of options straight from the factory.but if you intend on doing upgrades just get the cheapest receiver possible when i comes to.22 go to RimfireCentral.com - Rimfire Community!
    Entire sight dedicated to rimfire guns great sight

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    2nd???

In today's market, with AR parts availability being what it is, the 10/22 is probably #1 in terms of modifications. If you go to rimfire central you'll find it widely believed it always has been #1.

Buy a basic model and build what you want from it. Go to rimfire central!

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Question: what exactly is this rotary magazine i keep hearing about? I definitely want detachable mags, and im pretty sure i'm just reading this wrong (it may be how the rounds are fed, im not sure) but all models have detachable mags, right?

Do they come with the 25 rounders or do i have to buy those?

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    10/22's use detachable rotary magazines from the factory. Very reliable setup, you can also get higher capacity single stack mags if you like but the factory mags are ten rounds. Another option for a rifle is to start out with a Volquartsen action and build one from scratch, much higher quality then the Ruger actions. https://www.volquartsen.com/tags/4-action-trigger-components

Magazine stuff https://www.volquartsen.com/tags/22-magazines-loaders

The factory Ruger stuff is hard to beat for the price though. HTH

Last edited:

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    The rotary magazine is a detachable magazine. What you are reading is how the magazine feeds the rounds. Where the 25 round mags, like most, feed the rounds Ina linear manner and the rotary mags don't. Think about a drum for an AR and then compact it and shove it in the stock.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The 10/22 is such a great/proven platform. I've owned mine since i began shooting over 10 years ago and i will never sell it. mine is just a wood stock/ blued barrel that my grandpa passed down to me and i love the way it looks/shoots. It will come with 10 round magazine but you can easily find 25 rounders. i would suggest the HC3R 25 round mags, they're great. GO GET A 10/22!! you won't be dissapointed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks guys. Are they actually making these? Can't find one anywhere lol.

They're making them (and will probably never quit making them because of their success) but it's hard to find one right now. They have some on Gunbroker/gunsofamerica but they're overpriced. Keep looking in stores and when you find one, Buy it!

Top Bottom