• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How about you play along too Kut? Do you consider yourself a conservative, if so, what type?

I'm a faith-based conservative. I believe God. I disagree with various lifestyles, but believe that those things should be beyond the reach of government.
    I believe in a competent social welfare program, which should always exist. Those that qualify for those benefits, are those who are wards of the state, and those who are temporarily in need. The State will extend benefits to those in need only with the addition of them working for the state (at increasing rates).
    I believe our foreign affairs should be supported by a strong military that serves American interests (and only our most steadfast allies) with pressure on our other allies to pull their own weight, militarily
    Economically, inspire manufacturing domestically, with controls in place that favor American goods.
    The border. Nothing. That won't solve immigration. Aggressively prosecute those who hire illegals. No slaps on the wrists.
    Eliminate the Fed. Eliminate the IRS. Eliminate income tax. Tax consumption (goods not food of certain quality).

Anything I'm missing?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm a faith-based conservative. I believe God. I disagree with various lifestyles, but believe that those things should be beyond the reach of government.
    I believe in a competent social welfare program, which should always exist. Those that qualify for those benefits, are those who are wards of the state, and those who are temporarily in need. The State will extend benefits to those in need only with the addition of them working for the state (at increasing rates).
    I believe our foreign affairs should be supported by a strong military that serves American interests (and only our most steadfast allies) with pressure on our other allies to pull their own weight, militarily
    Economically, inspire manufacturing domestically, with controls in place that favor American goods.
    The border. Nothing. That won't solve immigration. Aggressively prosecute those who hire illegals. No slaps on the wrists.
    Eliminate the Fed. Eliminate the IRS. Eliminate income tax. Tax consumption (goods not food of certain quality).

Anything I'm missing?

It's your story brother, I don't know if you are missing anything or not.

In all the things I have seen you post, I do not think I have seen a description of your beliefs like that.

To be clear, the intent of this thread is not to sharp shoot each other. I must constantly remind myself that I am not supposed to throw rocks at people on my side of the wall. I ask you all remember this too, at least in this thread.

This thread is going better than I hoped. Thanks for answering Kut, who's next?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I probably would've left out the Ronald Reagan part. His legacy isn't holding up too well.

Preview

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Reagan is why you can't buy a brand new select fire rifle. I personally don't hold him in all that high of regard since his signature is on the largest infringement of the second amendment in this nation's history.

Spearheaded the mass amnesty of illegal aliens, sold weapons to Iran in secret, wasted Marine lives in Lebanon

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Spearheaded the mass amnesty of illegal aliens, sold weapons to Iran in secret, wasted Marine lives in Lebanon

Also some solid reasons.

People remember Reagan as a face that they no longer have to live under or put up with. Nostalgia goggles for a few good speeches.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Also some solid reasons.

People remember Reagan as a face that they no longer have to live under or put up with. Nostalgia goggles for a few good speeches.

Black people, you don't know so well.... but you do know Reagan.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN

Anything I'm missing?

Solid platform of civil governance. I would add border security though as hindering supply complements the effect of penalizing demand. Regarding social welfare, my assumption is that non-citizens and non-documented workers/residents would not qualify.
    Why stop with the Fed and IRS, lay an axe to the root of a number of additional alphabet soup federal agencies and take a sharp pruner to the rest in order to return the authority & responsibility of those affairs to the states. Restoring the liberties guaranteed by Amendments 1,2, 4 & 5 also are part of the platform.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Anything I'm missing?

Heh. Kut, conservative...

cagelaugh.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

bwframe (believes none of this :poop:.)

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I do not mean to be a jerk here, but that is cheap. Don't just trash some folks, tell us about your values. What kind of conservative are you?

I didn't trash them; I simply made it as concise as possible.
    They trashed Reagan.
    I grew up in the 1980s, and I served in the Navy under the final year and a half of the Reagan administration, so yeah, it puts me off to read folks rip on such a great president.
    The current occupant of the White House isn't fit to carry Reagan's jockstrap.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I didn't trash them; I simply made it as concise as possible.
    They trashed Reagan.
    I grew up in the 1980s, and I served in the Navy under the final year and a half of the Reagan administration, so yeah, it puts me off to read folks rip on such a great president.
    The current occupant of the White House isn't fit to carry Reagan's jockstrap.

Fair enough. What kind of conservative are you?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Haven't read the other posts yet. Just found this thread.

I don't like thinking of myself as a "conservative" because literally that's a relative term. I imagine that once liberals get what they want many of them will want to conserve that.

I am an individualist. I believe in personal liberty and personal responsibility. And that distills to a government that doesn't control people, that only serves to protect people's individual rights. Government gets to collect taxes to pay for the just the government necessary to do that. They shouldn't get to take what is mine and give to someone else. They shouldn't have the authority to pick winners and losers. They shouldn't get to be my nanny.

Top Bottom