What kind of army leaves 200 tanks in the woods for anyone to take?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virtus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Fishers
    A military spokesman claimed the tanks were in fact being guarded by special patrols and were in the process of being dispatched to a military base.
    That is a big CYA response.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Man..those would be awesome to find :) But they sure wouldn't fall under the "I lost all my guns in a tragic boating accident" clause.......

Or would they?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Owning a tank would be beyond cool but about as close as we'll get today is a visit to the Patton Museum at Ft. Knox. Our neighborhood covenants prohibits tanks, anyway!

If you park a tank in your driveway you can pretty much write whatever neighborhood covenants you want.

I read the article and have a question. Do tanks actually have keys? I've never been in the military much less been in a tank. I find it amusing to picture a scene where an awesome implement of war would not be utilized because someone forgot where they put the keys.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    No. Russian Military Vehicles do not have keys. Also if they were made for export outside of Mother Russia all the controls are in English...

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    ohhhhh....baby! who's up for a road trip? i really, really, really, really, really want a tank! i'd just love to bring it to the next INGO shoot!

Talk to someone who's had experience with captured Soviet-made armor which was "donated" to Anniston Army Depot by the Israelis. They're 99% junk. About 1 step up from a Yugo!

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    Talk to someone who's had experience with captured Soviet-made armor which was "donated" to Anniston Army Depot by the Israelis. They're 99% junk. About 1 step up from a Yugo!

maybe............but it would still be a MFing tank baby! hell yeah! i'll see you boys out on i-465 real soon! whts that you ask? whats the best SHTF vehicle? its my tank baby! does anyone have any reloading surplus for a 120 millimeter cannon?:draw:

Top Bottom