What is your carry ammo and range ammo and why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Defensive Ammo: Hornady XTP 115gr 9mm JHP
    Range Ammo: Usually Georgia Arms reloads, OR Winchester Whitebox.

Currently I'm finishing off the last of 900 reloads from Target Sports. I've had an unfortunately high number of failures in that ammo. The most recent and severe a Squib round.
    How do those Georgia Arms reloads run (I'm assuming Canned Heat)? I was looking at picking up some 124 or 147gr Canned Heat for my competition loads while I get the reloading press up and running and was wondering if they shoot any softer than the WWB/Blazer Brass.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I carry 40cal.

For the range I use Blazer Brass.

For carry I use Winchester Black Talon 180gr. I would like to try out some HST, I've heard good things about it.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    How do those Georgia Arms reloads run (I'm assuming Canned Heat)? I was looking at picking up some 124 or 147gr Canned Heat for my competition loads while I get the reloading press up and running and was wondering if they shoot any softer than the WWB/Blazer Brass.

I've shot the 124gr Canned heat. Somewhere near 2000 to 3000 of them with only one questionable round. I'd honestly put them right there with WWB, and Blazer Brass.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I carry a Sig 229R in .40 cal with Remington 165Gr Golden Sabre ammo. Will be carrying the "bonded" version of the same ammo soon.

For range I do my own re-loads...cost is about $15 per 100 rounds. I get Rainier bullets from Midwayusa for about $205 per 2K rounds(only order when they have the free shipping deal). That's 10cents a shot, primers run about 3.5cents each at Gander Mountain(Federal 100M). Powder(6.5Gr Unique) costs about 1.7cents/round. Brass I get used for about $30/1000 or will just buy some boxes of WWB. Can reload them many times.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom