What is Wrong with America’s Food? Is Our Food Bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Meh, my whole career has been exposure to chemicals, I would never taste it in my food.

The PFAS they are talking about are surfactants and recent enough that I can remember their introduction. I used FC-430 from 3M to get chemicals to disperse in water that were problematic with more conventional surfactants. When they were on their way out we were told it was because they did not break down in the environment easily and based on the carbon-fluorine bond I could see why. 3M was looking at making a shorter chain version of 430 but just discontinued it.
    1709684577767.png

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, the article someone posted mentions PFAS whatever the heck that is. The South Koreans seem to be doing just fine.
    Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are a group of synthetic chemicals that have been used in consumer products since the 1950s. They are used to keep food from sticking to packaging or cookware, make clothes and carpets resistant to stains, and create firefighting foam that is more effective.0 PFAS are nearly indestructible and pose significant risks to our health at extremely low levels.2 They can enter the food supply through plants and animals grown, raised, or processed in contaminated areas, or very small amounts of PFAS can enter foods through food packaging, processing, and cookware.

It does not take consuming lots to kill you. Your body can get rid of some of them, this leads to concentrations of them in things like biosolids...which in turn become higher in concentration. Repeat the cycle year after year. The concentration keeps going up. Animals start dying(already happened), then people eating the produce produced on crops fertilized with biosolids....well eventually it will be enough to just kill a child, then an adult. We are almost to that point already apparently.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are a group of synthetic chemicals that have been used in consumer products since the 1950s. They are used to keep food from sticking to packaging or cookware, make clothes and carpets resistant to stains, and create firefighting foam that is more effective.0 PFAS are nearly indestructible and pose significant risks to our health at extremely low levels.2 They can enter the food supply through plants and animals grown, raised, or processed in contaminated areas, or very small amounts of PFAS can enter foods through food packaging, processing, and cookware.

It does not take consuming lots to kill you. Your body can get rid of some of them, this leads to concentrations of them in things like biosolids...which in turn become higher in concentration. Repeat the cycle year after year. The concentration keeps going up. Animals start dying(already happened), then people eating the produce produced on crops fertilized with biosolids....well eventually it will be enough to just kill a child, then an adult. We are almost to that point already apparently.
    What is the significance of "animals start dying"? Animals have always been dying. There are very few animals that have a life expectancy longer than a few decades.

In the U.S. life expectancy has increased from 68 years in 1950 to 79 in 2024.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    What is the significance of "animals start dying"? Animals have always been dying. There are very few animals that have a life expectancy longer than a few decades.

Entire herds(within days) of animals have been dying because they ate a crop off a field fertilized with Biosolids?

Because that has happened on multiple farms. The largest one in Texas(if you read the original article I posted).

Approximately 77% of the biosolids applied to land in the United States are applied to agricultural land. This includes land used to grow food-chain crops such as corn and soybeans, land used to grow feed crops for animals, and land used for pasture. Nutrients in these materials help the crops to grow.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

The people that are 79 today didnt grow up eating the food in the current state its in. My generation grew up on fast food and food with a ingrediant list that looks like it should be a recipe to a bbq rub.

I doubt the lifespan of my generation is 79. A lot of the reasoning for the 79 lifespan is modern medicine and that generation worked their ass off. Medicine companies since the mid 2000s have “changed” a lot. Combine that with the food additives and we are an experiment for billionaires to see how to stretch a cow to make more burgers without killing us instantly.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Top Bottom