• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    According to two folks on Facebook, it's a sap bubble. Now I googled sap bubbles and haven't found any that even look remotely like this.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok - serious response. :) The color seems more like a fungus that I've seen on mulch beds.

Check this out:
    Amazing fungus on crab apple tree, Northdown Street, Kings Cross | Kings Cross Environment

fungus.jpg

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    It wasn't a sap bubble. With the help of a long rusty screw driver, I have essentially neutered my tree. I have a short video processing to upload the procedure for your entertainment. It was filled with a thick pink pudding-like substance. I believe it was some type of fungus.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Lol, no. I looked up that fungus, but this was less of a mushroom type and more balloon like. It was soft to the touch, almost like a really thick water balloon.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I've never posted a video through photobucket, so hopefully this works.

I have successfully neutered my tree using a long rusty screwdriver. Now the images may make you cringe, but I thought, for educational purposes, I'd share the procedure with you.

[video]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Rocko375/5282E954-6F12-4D5D-A52C-25C712A0CB6C.mp4[/video]

i guess a link to the video must suffice, I cannot embed it here. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm not tech savy enough to make that happen.

Last edited:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Lol, no guns were used. Although I did think about shooting in with the BB gun, but didn't want a nasty coated bb to ricochet back at me, lol.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Looks a lot like a wood ear. (uhh.. used in oriental cooking and said to increase libido! Well, maybe not, just threw in that last part.) Had you left it alone, it would have turned hard!

Top Bottom