• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I just picked up a Kahr K9 tonight. But noticed something kind of particular.
    I have the Matte black/parkerized K9. Model number = K9094C.
    Now I have been looking at pics of other K9's on google, and something caught my eye. There are a few pics of k9's like mine that don't have this, and the stainless one's that do. It's hard to explain online but like.... there is a type of groove? or dip? underneath the slide release. i'll post a few pics and have it circled in red to show you what i mean. My kahr k9 looks exactly like this, just not in such rough shape. Notice it lacks the groove thingy I was talking about.

Where as this K9 and ones on Kahr's website in both the black and stainless steel models, have these little groove like things under the slide release. It is also on the right side as well. Is this supposed to be some kind of improvement to newer Kahr's or what? Just curious of it's purpose.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My guess is it's just a design change, probably for a bit of weight reduction and/or cosmetics. My wife's 2002-vintage stainless K9 is S/N AR43XX and has the grooves.

Top Bottom