What is the FASCINATION with people open carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Best answer I can give is because they can, OC I mean. Last time I did was at Wilbur Wright range, until the Range Nazi told me that was a No No. So you shall not know, nor should you know is my philosophy now.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    OC is fine here. Need a license to conceal. That said, I prefer CC, BUT, there are plenty of times I need to 'advertise' by OC just to keep some space around me. Kinda hard to explain, but I work in some rough areas, and my shop and my block have been the scene of many incidents, some of which were fatal.
    OC and maybe a stare will cause some to detour to the other side of the street. I find that better than letting things escalate as they find then that I carry.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I have never understood that fascination. Why anyone would WANT to draw attention to themselves in that manner?:dunno: I've read many posts by people who say they were "contacted" by Law Enforcement and don't understand why? I for one DO NOT WANT THAT ATTENTION! I also don't want any potential "Thugs" to know I have it either. :twocents: Anyone? Anyone?

Well, for me, its great to have a firearm for defense, but I never want to have to use it, ever. OC in my opinion is a deterrent to a situation where I may be forced to defend myself.

In the immortal wisdom of Karate Kid = Learn to Fight, so you don't have to fight. Open Carry a Firearm, so you don't have to use a firearm :)

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I've never understood people who do things just "because they can". Just because you can doesn't mean you should. An Idiot stated here on INGO that someone asked him if he was a cop. He got such a charge out of it he said was going to o/c next time wearing a suit so he could look like a detective. Is that it? Do some of these people want to look like cops because they don't have what it takes to do it for real?

Do you CC in hopes that someday some idiot tries to mug you and you get to shoot him?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do you CC in hopes that someday some idiot tries to mug you and you get to shoot him?

I would enjoy nothing more than wringing some thugs neck if they tried to mug me. More of a hands on kind of guy myself. I am more inclined to use my CC as a club if possible. Shooting someone would be my last resort. So much paper work and legal interactions.

Ok, I posted in this thread again.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I would enjoy nothing more than wringing some thugs neck if they tried to mug me. More of a hands on kind of guy myself. I am more inclined to use my CC as a club if possible. Shooting someone would be my last resort. So much paper work and legal interactions.

Ok, I posted in this thread again.

We need to get rid of these assault hands.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    But you all forgot the main reason you OC. It's because you have a small p-n-s! ;)

CM, please allow me to express my deep admiration of the sexual appendage you are evidently able to deploy for self-defense in place of a gun. You must be very proud. I am certain every lady you know feels safer in your presence than with nearly any other man.

I admit that my own, personal peniis is pitifully inadequate for self-defense purposes.

I’ve always found it disturbing that the police and military, being unable to find recruits of your mighty dimensions, instead must brand them as the puny weaklings they are by issuing handguns and rifles.

Congratulations to you again, and I am sure we will hear more of your exploits as you defend your self, your family, your neighbors, and your nation with your wee-wee..

I implore you to post the resulting news pictures.

Top Bottom