• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrythegamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Winchester,IN
    Not sure if I'm in the right place and i know i dont have a high number of post counts but my question is if someone responds to your classified adds how soon do you respond and if you tell someone you do want to trade but wait 3 days to respond back to them is it ok if they choose to pass?

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Not sure if I'm in the right place and i know i dont have a high number of post counts but my question is if someone responds to your classified adds how soon do you respond and if you tell someone you do want to trade but wait 3 days to respond back to them is it ok if they choose to pass?
    I have never done a deal on :ingo:. However, I do strike when the iron is hot. :oldwise:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Not sure I understand the situation - but if I have it correctly:
    Person A has an Ad in the classifieds
    Person B sends a PM offering $X (or whatever) for the gun
    Person A takes 3 days to get back to Person B
    When he does, is Person B still obligated to go through with it?

Is that a correct understanding?

If so - the answer is NO, in my opinion. If Person A had gotten back to him and said, "DEAL", _then_ you have a deal.

As was said above - strike while the iron is hot. And I've done a fair amount of deals - and not had a problem.

For the record, I don't wait around three days....

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Respond immediately. There's no time limit on how long someone should wait for a response to decide to move on. If I PMed someone and offered a deal, then they took 3 days to respond, I'm probably not going to buy it either. If it was same day or next day, I would do it. Three days shows a lack of commitment in wanting to sell it, and I would find another one.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm confused. How about you just engage in any deal that is agreeable to you?

I am quick to give someone the benefit of the doubt if a PM isn't replied to in a timely manner. Don't read into the details, just make deals.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I usually look for signs the other person has been on INGO.
    They might be out of town or have some emergency.
    If they have been on the site after I send the PM and haven't responded for another 24 hours, I begin to wonder.
    Regardless, if I say I'll offer $x for something, I'm not obligated until we both agree that it is a done deal.

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    if unsure on a deal, ask for a day or so to weigh your options, let them know if they get rid of it before you can decide, itl be your lose. thast normally works for me.

Top Bottom