What if Illinois passed a concealed carry law?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    When Illinois Passes a concealed carry law, will Mr Obama still be so against conceal carry or would he just not bring up the subject if he were to become president?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    When Illinois Passes a concealed carry law, will Mr Obama still be so against conceal carry or would he just not bring up the subject if he were to become president?

More likely he'd "suggest" to folks like Schumer, Feinstein, and Boxer that a federal law outlawing CCW would be something he'd sign.

Because after all, all of these firearms have in some way "moved in interstate commerce", even as raw materials, prior to being forged and formed. :rolleyesedit: :puke:

For a former Constitutional law teacher, he sure doesn't understand it very well. Or maybe that was just studying it so he'd know how to get around it later?

Guess what? It's later.

Blessings,
    B

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Obama is in favor of a NATIONAL LAW that would FORBID & RECIND ALL state concealed carry laws. He said so. Its documented.

Also the odds of Illinois passing a concealed carry law is roughly 0.00%. Governor Blogo is an anti-gun zealot who acts as a puppet for anti-gun Chicago mayor Richie Daley.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Obama is in favor of a NATIONAL LAW that would FORBID & RECIND ALL state concealed carry laws. He said so. Its documented.

Also the odds of Illinois passing a concealed carry law is roughly 0.00%. Governor Blogo is an anti-gun zealot who acts as a puppet for anti-gun Chicago mayor Richie Daley.

Good thing its lowered their crime and murder rate huh?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

There is currently a movement to Impeach Blago, et al. (Chicago Mayor Daily next?) That is IF he isn't convicted first. :rolleyesedit: :patriot:

Winnebago county (Northern edge of IL) is working on getting a CC bill passed. Then will wait for the court cases to fight it.

If it was up to Obama and his anti-American cohorts, there wouldn't be any guns at all to worry about. (All the better to enslave you, my dear!) :xmad:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    flagtag, I live in Indiana on the ILL/IN border at the north end of Kankakee county, south end of Will County, look out the west windows of my house and see the People Republic of Illinois, it is as close as I care to be to the politics of that state. But because of my close proximity to Chicago's south side I do get the news of the polluted political system that infects your state from the anti-gun Chicago news media. In fact I don't get any of the Indiana news media at all, just the Chicago TV and Radio stations. Heck I'm not even on the same time zone as most of the state of Indiana!

Is Rockford in Winnebago county? I did hear that there was a movement to pass a carry bill somewhere over there but have not really tracked it. I would expect a court battle of that if it does pass. I don't see any chance of Blago getting impeached, much as I would enjoy seeing that. Daley is still very popular from everything I see coming from the Chicago media and I expect him to remain Mayor of Chicago for as long as he chooses to stay in that position.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    flagtag, I live in Indiana on the ILL/IN border at the north end of Kankakee county, south end of Will County, look out the west windows of my house and see the People Republic of Illinois, it is as close as I care to be to the politics of that state. But because of my close proximity to Chicago's south side I do get the news of the polluted political system that infects your state from the anti-gun Chicago news media. In fact I don't get any of the Indiana news media at all, just the Chicago TV and Radio stations. Heck I'm not even on the same time zone as most of the state of Indiana!

Is Rockford in Winnebago county? I did hear that there was a movement to pass a carry bill somewhere over there but have not really tracked it. I would expect a court battle of that if it does pass. I don't see any chance of Blago getting impeached, much as I would enjoy seeing that. Daley is still very popular from everything I see coming from the Chicago media and I expect him to remain Mayor of Chicago for as long as he chooses to stay in that position.
    Yes, Rockford is in Winnebago County. Go to: illinoiscarry.com and you will find a whole section dedicated to the Carry issue. (right on top)

And, yes, there will be a fight over the CC but they are expecting that. From the looks of it, the law will pass in W C. Then there will be the litigation, counter suits, etc.

I believe they are waiting on the D.C. decision to vote on it.
    And, yes, Chicago (or the People's Republik of Chicago and Crook County) do control the state. But we are trying to inform the citizens of the "republik" about the truth about the gun issue and will in fact have an IGOLD type of march there later (also after the D.C. decision) (to learn about IGOLD go to: isra.org)

How can the citizens of "The Republik" really know what is going on when they only hear one side of the issue? We intend to give them the chance to hear the other side. (And we are not sure how many of those citizens really voted for Blago or Daily - or how many "dead" people showed up to vote. :lmfao:) :rolleyesedit: But, I really don't know. Since The Republik has all those gun bans, registration, etc. (oh, you need to read about that also - Blago's pop in law let his registration laps, so "they" passed an amnisty law and extended the grace period for "everyone" who forgot to re-register. :rolleyesedit:) What a town!!! :):
    It's going to be interesting for a while! :patriot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Blago's pop in law let his registration laps, so "they" passed an amnisty law and extended the grace period for "everyone" who forgot to re-register. :roll. . .
    Yup I saw that. The amazing thing was that they crafted the amnesty bill so that there was a very narrow window so that basically only his Father-in-Law qualified for the amnesty. Chicago is an amazing city (and that is not a compliment).

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Yup I saw that. The amazing thing was that they crafted the amnesty bill so that there was a very narrow window so that basically only his Father-in-Law qualified for the amnesty. Chicago is an amazing city (and that is not a compliment).

I can't help but wonder if they advertised it so that everyone would know about it. Or if they just "told" their good buddies. ? :rolleyesedit:
    We heard about it down here, but that doesn't mean that the citizens (sheeple) of the Republik of Chicago/Crook County know about it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I get the Chicago news, I did not see/hear anything about it . . . until I saw it on the gun websites I frequent. I never saw/heard in on the Chicago area mainstream media outlets.

I do think they'll eventually fall, but they'll be the last hold out...right after WI.
    Technically Wisconsin did pass a CCW permit system, but it is (if I understand it correctly) limited to retired law enforcement, retired prison guards, and similar retired state/city workers who carried guns as part of their jobs. They issued their first permit to a retired guard earlier this month.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I get the Chicago news, I did not see/hear anything about it . . . until I saw it on the gun websites I frequent. I never saw/heard in on the Chicago area mainstream media outlets.

Technically Wisconsin did pass a CCW permit system, but it is (if I understand it correctly) limited to retired law enforcement, retired prison guards, and similar retired state/city workers who carried guns as part of their jobs. They issued their first permit to a retired guard earlier this month.

That's what I worry about. The "Machine" is so desperate to take away any and all guns (except their own, of course) that they will notify only a certain few (their friends) and the other citizens will not find out about the law and will one day find the police at their doors demanding that they turn in their "illegal" guns.

Of course, they would have a court case, IF they could find an honest court, but by then the guns will be "gone" for good. And of course, how many could afford the cost of going to court?
    The "Machine" is so corrupt! :xmad:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Huh. I was not aware of that.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I think IF it passed it would as or more stringent than California or New York and would be "May-Issue" to boot.

No doubt! They would be so angry that they would do anything and everything to make it as hard on us as possible. The requirements would be extremely harsh and the fees would probably be so high that only a very few could comply.

We have no illusions about what to expect - it will all be negative!
    Heaven forbid anyone goes into the "Republic or Crook! I can just imagine all the phony "charges", infractions, etc.

If and until we can get the "sheeple" to stand up and fight for themselves, it will be a long hard fight!:do2:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Huh. I was not aware of that.
    Well while it is technically a CCW state now, the reality is that only very few of the subjects of the state are legally qualified to elevate their status to citizen. If I understand the law correctly it is still impossible for private citizens who were not law enforcement officers, or an employee some other special qualified group affiliated with the law enforcement profession, to attain a carry permit. Consequently most citizens are still subjects, but from the technical standpoint the state of Wisconsin is now issuing concealed weapons carry permits.

Top Bottom