What have you noticed is getting back to normal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    I still have yet to see any ammo at big box stores. I did find some .224 bullets at a sporting goods store and have been able to recently purchased lead projectiles. Nowhere near normal but i am still able to shoot for the time being

Edit: when anyone can walk into a store and buy a couple thousand rounds of .22lr for decent prices, then we will have found normal again

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    Bradis only looked half wiped out when I was in there today. So things are improving. Prices are still higher than I want to pay for some things but half of that is distributors being greedy according to Shooter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We will not see pr-panic pricing. Once they get a hook in you they may pull it out a bit but never all the way. Un-less there is a glut of ammo/guns hitting the shelves it will be a good while until the dust settles.
    I have seen "No" .22 LR on a shelf anywhere. I even have some nosy scouts out and about.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I don't think we will ever see prepanic prices on ammo ever again. I think a brick of 22 will be $25, 1000 rounds of .223 will be around $450, a box of 9mm will be over $15, and a box of .45 acp will probably stay greater than $20.

I went to the Walmart in Valpo and bought their remaining box of 9mm on Sunday and I bought the last three boxes of 9mm today at the Cabela's in Hammond. The ammo shortage really sucks. I can't wait for it to get better.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Bradis only looked half wiped out when I was in there today. So things are improving. Prices are still higher than I want to pay for some things but half of that is distributors being greedy according to Shooter.

Then go through another distributer is what I say. When I can go online and find a better deal like $10 less a box, come on.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i bought 400 rounds of 22 for a m and p 15-22 ...me and my boy went and shot it....also got 10 pmags at palmetto state armory in sc on vacation and left about 150 there..got em for a good price...

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG

Oh yeah... It's just the greedy distributors being half the problem.. Hope you don't really believe that line. Like Bradis doesn't want any piece of that pie.. So does that make Bradis the other half of the problem? :rolleyes:

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    I don't think we will ever see prepanic prices on ammo ever again. I think a brick of 22 will be $25, 1000 rounds of .223 will be around $450, a box of 9mm will be over $15, and a box of .45 acp will probably stay greater than $20.

I went to the Walmart in Valpo and bought their remaining box of 9mm on Sunday and I bought the last three boxes of 9mm today at the Cabela's in Hammond. The ammo shortage really sucks. I can't wait for it to get better.

Cabelas was selling 1k rounds of .223 for 279 today...

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I was able to get 180 fmj 10 mm rounds from Underwood for just above normal prices. Bought 6 boxes; a day later bought two boxes of 180 Gr XTP from them for just above their normal prices.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Regarding guns and ammo, only Wal-Mart, Dicks and a few others still have "normal" prices -- when you are lucky enough to be there at the right time. Ammo prices at gun shops is crazy, and private sales are even worse. Too many trying to make a profit. I do not oppose Capitalism, I embrace it, but these behaviors driven by fear will cause everyone to raise prices, which is not good.

sig40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Here in NWI nothing seems to be back to normal. ammo is still not available and not many guns in the shops.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Oh yeah... It's just the greedy distributors being half the problem.. Hope you don't really believe that line. Like Bradis doesn't want any piece of that pie.. So does that make Bradis the other half of the problem? :rolleyes:

Our markup on guns and ammo remains the same as it was pre-panic, however some products took a slight price bump at the distributor level around Jan. 1, as they often do. If we are paying more for something, that means you will be paying more. That said, we have not allowed ourselves to be taken advantage of by distributors just to have "something" on the shelf. I would rather have empty racks than pay $1000 for a WASR-10 (yeah, that was a distributor's price on them recently), when back at Halloween they were $500.

Imeagher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Palmetto armory had mags and lowers in stock for longer than 5 seconds, 120
    For lower or 10 pack gi mags

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    Regarding guns and ammo, only Wal-Mart, Dicks and a few others still have "normal" prices -- when you are lucky enough to be there at the right time. Ammo prices at gun shops is crazy, and private sales are even worse. Too many trying to make a profit. I do not oppose Capitalism, I embrace it, but these behaviors driven by fear will cause everyone to raise prices, which is not good.

Well .. gouging isn't the same as capitalism ..

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Yea tbat distributors raising prices is bs in my opinion. Ammo can and is found at prepanic prices, you just have to be patient and quick when its available. I dont cabelas and walmart and ect ect are taking a loss on their ammo. Why would they charge some more and not others? Its the lgs or whatever company over pricing not the distributors.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ammo is rediculous. I have not been shooting recently just because all of the ammo is so high. I cant find a box of 45 for under 28+ right now. Other prices are coming back to normal. AR prices have tanked, hanguns same way, mags tanking, all of it other than ammo.

Lunati: I call BS on that ammo deal. Pics or it didnt happen :D

Top Bottom