Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sounds like a simple solution. Keep a fairly large lot of fat on hand?

Fry that bunny in yummy, good for you, fat...:D

Reminds me, I need to look for my next source of lard. The the last case came from walmart.com w/free shipping.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sounds like a simple solution. Keep a fairly large lot of fat on hand?

Fry that bunny in yummy, good for you, fat...:D

Reminds me, I need to look for my next source of lard. The the last case came from walmart.com w/free shipping.

Sounds like it's time for farmer bwframe to add some pigs, goats, and chickens to his operation!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Reorganized one of the bigger closets yesterday. Found a few items we had lost track of from reorganizing the closets and condensing items to make space. This prompted an expansion of shelving. Also made a lot of room for.......yup......more water.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Still working out and that hasn't changed much.

Working on getting my comms up to speed, both handhelds and a more powerful semi-mobile unit. Sept 30th of this month there's some regulation changes on the sale of certain radios so if you're thinking about it, you may want to investigate it.

My wife and I are going to be going on her first backpacking trip this month. She's not a high maintenance princess and not a woods woman either, so I'm going to try and make this as comfortable for her as I possibly can. We're looking at 5 miles in one way max, so I'll load myself up heavy and keep her light. I plan to bring a nice bottle of wine as well as a treat, so hopefully she'll have a good experience.

In the process of sorting excess gear and equipment. Most of the stuff is old USGI pouches and other random stuff. I'm going to be offloading a lot of it and just clearing out clutter so I can keep a tighter inventory on what's more important. I'm not trying to be a hoarder or a collector and over the last many years too much stuff has just show up over time.

Shot rifles and pistols, batoned wood, made fires, played with gear, and all that usual stuff.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Plenty of rabbits and squirrels around in the GSF. I plan on shooting meat close to the house. We store seasonings for wild game as they keep a long time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We picked up a battery organizer. Pretty neat deal. AAA/AA/C's D's and 9V all have a dedicated position. Even a place for C-123's etc and wafer style.

Picked up bulk packs of the new 10 year shelf life offerings. AAA's through 9V. Put them in a sealed ammo can with 3 flash lights.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Gear purging has been going well. Excess gear that was taking up space has been getting turned into ammunition. The ammo takes up a considerably smaller amount of space and it's a consumable so it won't be there 10 years from now anyway.

After years and years, my wife went backpacking with me over the weekend. We hiked in 5 miles, filtered water, setup hammocks, cooked a nice meal, and then hiked out those same 5 miles the next morning. She enjoyed it, and had a good experience so mission accomplished there. I have my fingers crossed that some day she'll want to go do that similar trip again. It's a big deal for someone to do that for the first time and I couldn't have been more proud of her. Most of the guys I know have never done something like that and likely never will.

Also, good news is that I ran the heck out of a 20" A2 the other night and it built my confidence that I could count on it. Bad news is that now I have a new set of A2 handguards coming my way since the factory bushmaster ones may have melted a bit around the gas tube. Oups, thankfully A2 forends are nearly free these days since everyone wants rails and such.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Sharing because at the last class (stoked to run in low light/no light fire with movement pistol...next carbine in Nov.), I was asked what I was doing. The farm kid in me came out.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm an oldster. I used the fist = one hour 'till sunset many times this year on the water with fishing rod in hand.

20190815-202252-EFFECTS.jpg

djlaundry2000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Learned this sun time trick a couple years ago and thought it was one of the best things ive learned in a long time and showed my wife and kid. Yes starting fire with sticks is cool but i hope even someone that isnt outdoorsy can use this trick. Very useful if you can get away from technology. Lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom