• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Picked up a couple hundred rounds of 9mm today and used it as an excuse to take inventory of mags and ammo. Every mag I own is now loaded.

The stockpile is looking a lot better than it did a few years ago, but I could always use more of everything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are rotating through all the flats of water. Getting to oldest out and using it. Replacing as we go. Made more room for more water. Water is the key.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been playing seriously with fermenting for around six months. Now nearly always have a jar or two of something fermenting.

N021Byj.jpg

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I've been playing seriously with fermenting for around six months. Now nearly always have a jar or two of something fermenting.

N021Byj.jpg
    That's awesome. I considered getting into fermenting a few years ago but haven't done it yet.

We are pretty occupied in our spare time trying to upgrade our home and property. When it's done it will be a pretty good compound (large barn, generator, stored fuel, etc). We are still hoping for a pond but so far the soil test sites are too sandy so I'm really bummed about that.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Past 7 days: Worked out 5 times.

1 Fight night w/take downs and takedown avoidance. Light sparring and ground work.

1 dryfire session

1 team range session. Back to the basics: draw to shoot and shoot from the ready. Plus a couple 2 man move and shoot team drills.

1 bushcraft training session: made a fire, did some tracking, practiced signal mirrors, and CAT and Izzy application.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Geesh, since time I chimed in...... My attendance at the gym has improved. The overall health of my back has improved. Couple hikes, couple overnighters outdoors. Attended a "Hang In" event last weekend at the pathfinder school and learned some new tips and tricks. Investigated putting a pond on the property but due to poor soil type it'd be more $$ than it'd be worth. Got out to the 1,000 yard range a couple times. Drop charts seem to be very consistent from trip to trip so that's always a good thing. Dry fire sessions a couple times a week at least. Added more ammo since the sales seem to keep getting better and better. Finished off a complete lower that was begging to be completed. Overall the guns in the safe this year have gone from higher quantity and fewer and higher quality. All, are bet your life on it quality now. Continuing to work on backpacking/outdoorsy skills because this fall I'm be crossing off backpacking in Denali Alaska from my bucket list.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

That's very cool. My daughter is coming home for Easter, and tops on her and my wife's list is making Kimchi.

You wouldn't happen to have a favorite recipe for that would you?

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Picked up a PVS14 with helmet. It’s amazing how clear this thing is. Didn’t plan on buying one yet, but a friend knew I was interested and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That's very cool. My daughter is coming home for Easter, and tops on her and my wife's list is making Kimchi.

You wouldn't happen to have a favorite recipe for that would you?
    I'll have to let you know for sure. I've only done a specific kimchi ferment a couple times. I have another two working now.

So far my kimchi have been good condiments, still working on one that jumps out to stand alone as a side. I'm working on not overdoing ferments with spicinesss. :rolleyes:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Worked out 6 days in a row: 4 weight sessions, 3 three mile runs, 1 fight centric/agility day and one day in the pool. Did some good work this week man. Feeling very hard to kill.

2 Dryfire sessions. G19, AK and 870

I trip to the range in the rain. Worked draw to shoot pairs, draw to shoot headshots, shoot and move, reloads and use of cover from kneeling. All G19, finished with J frame and speedstrip reload. Headed over to the rifle line and ran AK74 doing reloads from my chest rig from different shooting positions. Solid hits on steel at 100 yds.

1 Bushcraft session in the woods: Light ruckmarch (25 lbs), firemaking, tracking, knots, Izzy and CAT application and 10 suppressed shots on a tennis ball sized target at 15 yards. Done.

Bought 2 bricks of 22 Automatch

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Took the wife and kids on a vacation and enjoyed this world while the light switches still work. While there we ended up taking a very dark bike ride with the kids, and the wife was glad I brought a headlamp, and a pocket flashlight that clipped to my hat. While there we used a tarp I recently won as a door prize at a "hang in" event as a ground cloth on the beach to keep towels clean and dry. It was a couple small wins in displaying to my wife the joys of preparing and thinking ahead a little bit.

Really been working on lightweight backpacking food options. Partially for prepping, but also trying to cook healthier food while on the trail and this year I'll be taking a week long backpacking trip. Focusing on food that all I have to do is add to boiling water, removing from heat and covering and then waiting 5 - 10 minutes. I've had some great results some dehydrated green beans from amazon, couscous, olive oil, and sprinkling in a little jerky in the mix. Makes a heck of a light weight and filling backpacking meal that's got healthy ingredients. Also had some great results with ovaeasy egg crystals that all I have to do is just add water to mix and then cook up like regular. Wife and kids couldn't taste the difference, and soooooo much more healthy than a comparable mountain house.

Getting back on the diet. Over vacation, I ate and drank whatever I wanted. Got back Saturday, weighed in Sunday morning for starting weight. Monday morning weigh in was already down 2 pounds. First week results should be good, but I want/need to drop 20 - 30 pounds. I know I can do that in just over 3 weeks based on previous experience, but I have to be focused and intentional on it.

BuickGS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Winamac
    Drove out to the Indy property for the 4th. Demolished the falling apart garage, installed a 86 gallon well pressure tank, dropped ammo, arms, and canned goods. Plan to be in really good shape by the end of the year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been a good while since I posted up in here.
    The spouse has been under siege with medical issues and a series of surgery's. In and out of the hospital etc since the 1st week in January. She is home and on the mend now.
    During all of this I had little time to shop. So we used some of the stores we had put back for such times. Some of the foods are really not to bad. Even the G-daughters were OK with it...sometimes...:):
    I did let the water reserves get low. Back on track with this as of this week.
    Ordering replacements for some of the better foods we sampled.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I did it a couple of weeks ago, but I have my rechargeable & alkaline AA batteries well organized now. I saw a suggestion on a wranglerstar youtube video that plastic ammo boxes for .50S&W mag fit AA batteries perfectly and they do. I now use charged batteries in one end of the box and replace with freshly charged on the opposite end. When I run out on one side, I reverse directions so I'm also using FIFO on the recharging.

They work great for keeping alkalines from being jumble and allowing the end to connect so they discharge before you can use them.

The same trick works for AAA and 5.56x45mm ammo boxes.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maintained current level of combat conditioning with 5 workout sin a 7 day span.

1 light round of fight nite-strikes, heavy bag etc.

1 trip to the range to work on AK, G19 and J frame.

Taught a wilderness survival class, to a bunch of teens, so it was good to sharpen those skills.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom