• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'm not talking about Georgia runoff, I'm talking about the general Nov 3 election. If what you're saying was true, the Rs would have lost house seats, state legislatures, governor's races. Actually the opposite happened so your conclusions are wrong. The runoff seems to have diverged from the general election trend. Why?
    There's a lot of Republicans who absolutely despise Trump, plain and simple.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don’t want to hear from any of the never Trumpers on this forum when the bad stuff comes. You vot d for this. Things are about o get real bad in this country. Don’t ask for my help resident Dems, cause you won’t get it. Remember, you actually voted for this.
    The Trumpers told people not to vote in the runoff.

I blame the Trumpers

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    His own party stopped that and thus sealed his fate here.
    Biden's promise is also subject to the same fate. They were both doing the same thing. If one was a bribe then so is the other. It doesn't matter what party.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    There's a lot of Republicans who absolutely despise Trump, plain and simple.
    That may be true, but you seemed to have completely missed my point. Why were the trend in the Georgia runoffs different than the general election? Rs picked up US House seats and some state level offices. Then red/pink Georgia elects two dem senators because they hate Trump. Ok?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Biden's promise is also subject to the same fate. They were both doing the same thing. If one was a bribe then so is the other. It doesn't matter what party.
    So blame the party. Biden knows his cronies will do it. This is not apples to apples but yes it was a bribe on both sides just that one side will actually do it.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    That may be true, but you seemed to have completely missed my point. Why were the trend in the Georgia runoffs different than the general election? Rs picked up US House seats and some state level offices. Then red/pink Georgia elects two dem senators because they hate Trump. Ok?
    A lot of R voters voted R on lower offices, then voted Biden or 3rd party on that race. The GA Ds did a very good job of motivating their people to get out and vote, and you've got, was it Lyn Wood?, telling the Rs NOT to vote because it was rigged. Then also Trump acting the way he has since the general election. So yeah, I'm not in the least surprised it happened.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    A lot of R voters voted R on lower offices, then voted Biden or 3rd party on that race. The GA Ds did a very good job of motivating their people to get out and vote, and you've got, was it Lyn Wood?, telling the Rs NOT to vote because it was rigged. Then also Trump acting the way he has since the general election. So yeah, I'm not in the least surprised it happened.
    Trump acted differently after the election? Hmmm....we were told he was just being Trump.

Shootin45super

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Bloomington
    The same thing happened,that happened with the presidential election.
    Biden won fulton county with 72.6%
    Warnock won fulton county with 72.6%
    Biden won Dekalb county with 83.2%
    Warnock won Dekalb with 83.2%
    Same percentages!
    Dominion machines!
    Was this cheatin?

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Well, whatever the reasons, we now have this. Make no mistake, the left wing of the party is running the show for the Democrats. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am. Hang on.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Trump acted differently after the election? Hmmm....we were told he was just being Trump.
    Oh, I noticed a big change in Trump after the election. Sometimes people can be their own worst enemy. Maybe if Trump had made his runoff appearances about the candidates and not about himself it might have helped a little better. I guarantee there was a whole lot of folks that are tired of hearing election fraud this, stolen election that, and so on and so on and so on that just said **** it, especially among the moderates and those who lean right.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Oh, I noticed a big change in Trump after the election. Sometimes people can be their own worst enemy. Maybe if Trump had made his runoff appearances about the candidates and not about himself it might have helped a little better. I guarantee there was a whole lot of folks that are tired of hearing election fraud this, stolen election that, and so on and so on and so on that just said **** it, especially among the moderates and those who lean right.
    What was the change you noticed?
    You're making a lot of assumptions about everyone else's thinking. Maybe your bias has colored your view?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    What was the change you noticed?
    You're making a lot of assumptions about everyone else's thinking. Maybe your bias has colored your view?
    The anger, somewhat understandable, but to the point he has become? No. Bordering on pychosis. He has always been egomanical but that has also become way, way, more prominent. Acting like a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum.
    As far as my bias, no. That is what I've heard from many people, family, friends, and co-workers. Most of whom are (or actually more accurately, were) Trump supporters. The general consensus is you lost, so shut up and do your job until Jan 20, then try again in 2024.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    The anger, somewhat understandable, but to the point he has become? No. Bordering on pychosis. He has always been egomanical but that has also become way, way, more prominent. Acting like a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum.
    As far as my bias, no. That is what I've heard from many people, family, friends, and co-workers. Most of whom are (or actually more accurately, were) Trump supporters. The general consensus is you lost, so shut up and do your job until Jan 20, then try again in 2024.
    He's been pretty much the same. Maybe you think he's different because you were expecting the loss to change him and it didn't?

Mmmmm....the consensus? Did you see the events of today? That doesn't appear to reflect any sort of consensus to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How did an anti-American, racist, anti-Semite get elected as a US Senator from Georgia? I haven’t been to Georgia in quite a few years, has it changed that much?

No worries, those people lost the GA senate elections.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    McConnell lost the Georgia senate races. (although it appears there was fraud here too.)

The RNSC involved itself in the state politics to get the kind of senators they wanted not what the conservatives of Georgia wanted. The political types always believe that a moderate will win big but they don't generate the enthusiasm a true conservative can.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trump's failed because he proceeded the increase to $2000 with cutting out the wasteful spending also.
    Trump's failed basically because of McConnell bundling the bill with other stuff. On an up and down vote, the Senate would have passed it. I also believe that had McConnell chose to do that, he would still be the Majority leader.

Presidents and politicians make promises to people all the time in exchange for votes. A bribe isn't just money. If its going to be a bribe for one party then its a bribe when the other party does it. That's the point I am making. The bribe is the action. Nowhere in the definition of bribe does it mention any qualifying conditions based on party allegiance.

Trump promised a huge stimulus right after the November elections also and in fact pushed for a bigger stimulus than the democratic party passed in the house. I don't recall that being labelled a bribe either.

Top Bottom