• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    "Someone dares to disagree with us? They're a liberal fascist conspirator!"

firearms are stolen from houses every year and end up in the hands of criminals. I only took your words and moved them from the car to the house.

What's the difference? :dunno:

If anything, stealing them from a car limits them to just the one, instead of a whole collection from a house.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I can tell you what NOT to use for that purpose.... a Kel Tec P11.

I bought one for that purpose... it was a constant battle against rust. It was also characterized by constant FTF, FTE, and mag well problems. It may be the only gun I can honestly say I despised.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I carried a Charter Arms off duty in my glove compartment for close to 20 years, and it always went bang, just add oil and ammo...and Hoppe's #9 of course

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I would put my "vote" in for whatever gun you woldnt mind being stolen from you. Everyone else will have a different opinion but I have had two vehicles broken into and my handguns stolen. The first time is an "oops" the second time I felt so stupid...

Cheeseburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN

I am wondering what the best gun to leave in mycar wile I am at work all day is.

If your leaving it in your car while at work wouldn't it be your normal carry gun? I take it your work place has a "no guns rule" or you would not be leaving it in the car. Everyday many of us make a choice between carrying and our jobs. I've had to leave my Glock 19 and my Kel-Tec PF 9 in the car while at work. Once the work day is over they go back were they started the day. Other than normal cleaning I've never had an issue.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Get a cheap Rossi or Taurus stainless steel revolver. It should hold up to the elements with minimal maintenance and because it's nice and cheap you won't freak out if it takes a bit of a beating....and make her a 357 too. Lol

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I am a wheel gun so that is what I keep in mine. How many of us have pulled out our greatgrandpa's old gun that is not much to look at but still shoots well...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    There are a bunch of old .38 Taurus 4" revolvers showing up as surplus. For a truck gun, I think that would be fine. Plus if it did rust in a few years or it's stolen, your not out of much.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    one feature I love about the reuger .380 is that the only safety is an 8lb trigger pull. So it's pretty hard to accidentally discharge it, therefore it can be carried or kept handy in a car with one in the chamber and ready to fire and it's about as safe as a gun kept in such a condition can be. Personally I keep mine unloaded in the trunk, but if I ever was going to a sketchy neighborhood or something else like that that made me think I should carry then this is how I would do it.

Top Bottom