• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yesterday I received my order from Tandemkross. Got a steel hammer bushing, a loaded chamber indicater and a Gunsmither Tool for a Ruger MKIII improvement..

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Fifty pounds of 7.5 shot, five thousand SPP, A #14 MEC powder bushing. Need the bushing for making cowboy action loads. A #16 had a little more snap to it than I wanted. I'm trying out W244 for CAS. So far I like it.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    My most recent purchase (earlier this week) was my first Japanese milsurp, an Arisaka Type 99. It's definitely a shooter, not a museum piece: no mum whatsoever and a previous owner Bubba'd the stock by adding an extra inch of wood and a modern buttpad to the end. I think maybe it's had some work done on the trigger as well. Didn't pay much for it though, the chrome bore was shiny as could be, and it came with a second complete/original stock and a couple boxes of ammo.

My initial thought was that I would probably move the rifle to the other stock, and then test out my (non-existent) woodworking skills to see if i could return the Bubba'd stock back to some semblance of its former glory. Before going to the trouble, i figured i'd better do a test fire to make sure it works. Loaded five rounds, fired the first from my hip (my S.O.P. with any new-to-me milsurp in case of a KABOOM). Everything went well, so i lined up the next four and put them on steel in a decent group from 125 yards out. I'm barely that good of a shooter with a red dot on an AR, so i was pretty pleased.

At this point, i think i'll leave the rifle as is. I'm liable to mess it up if i try to move it to the shorter stock! I may eventually have a spare Type 99 stock for sale, if i can ever get to 50 posts...
    :rockwoot:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Did a great trade for primers today with an upstanding INGO member. We traded large and small primers. Great communications and nice meet up and conversation. That’s the way all transactions should go; new members please remember this when looking to do a transaction through the classifieds.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I bought and installed an "Ultimate" Trigger Kit for Ruger 10/22. It reduced a factory trigger from 6.5 lbs to 1.5 pounds eliminated almost all pre-travel and has an over travel adjustment. I spent $145 for this kit, because I ordered a new disconnector. It is a simple parts swap operation to install.

Some other available options were.

Timney trigger for 10/22 - $258
    Kidd trigger kit for 10/22 - $127
    Kidd single stage trigger - $285
    Kidd 2 stage trigger - $350

I wanted to try the TK/Brimstone kit and so far am happy with it. I decided on the TK kit because it eliminates the plunger in the trigger guard, which the Kidd kit keeps. Brimstone no longer does 10/22 trigger work, so this is the closest you can get until Brimstone releases their own kits.

Once again proving that a 10/22 can be the least expensive, most expensive or anywhere in between rifle you can own.

I also purchased a very nice stock 10/22 carbine from the classifieds here. I replaced the sights with a set of Hi-Viz fiber optic sights:

I got them for $28 on Amazon. This is the only change I plan for this rifle.

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    I bought and installed an "Ultimate" Trigger Kit for Ruger 10/22. It reduced a factory trigger from 6.5 lbs to 1.5 pounds eliminated almost all pre-travel and has an over travel adjustment. I spent $145 for this kit, because I ordered a new disconnector. It is a simple parts swap operation to install.

Some other available options were.

Timney trigger for 10/22 - $258
    Kidd trigger kit for 10/22 - $127
    Kidd single stage trigger - $285
    Kidd 2 stage trigger - $350

I wanted to try the TK/Brimstone kit and so far am happy with it. I decided on the TK kit because it eliminates the plunger in the trigger guard, which the Kidd kit keeps. Brimstone no longer does 10/22 trigger work, so this is the closest you can get until Brimstone releases their own kits.

Once again proving that a 10/22 can be the least expensive, most expensive or anywhere in between rifle you can own.

I also purchased a very nice stock 10/22 carbine from the classifieds here. I replaced the sights with a set of Hi-Viz fiber optic sights:

I got them for $28 on Amazon. This is the only change I plan for this rifle.
    Great trigger upgrade!

Top Bottom