What gun are you fond of that you may or may not own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Favorite format? Hands-down full size, all steel 1911, Colt Series 80. I thought it was an easy gun to shoot well, which made it a good carry gun. I had infinite trust in the safeties on that gun: grip, thumb, firing pin. I don't carry anything that large anymore, so I don't own one. My Glock 21 Gen4 is my favorite of my current collection. It is a nightstand gun.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Match rifles!

A low s/n winchester 52 with original ladder sights
    Any Anschutz
    540XR Remington
    Kk3000 Walter
    1922 Springfield
    40X Remington
    H&R model 12
    Any U.S. property marked Mosburg
    Any U.S marked rifle
    Any lend/lease marked rifle
    Almost forgot. I got a lend/lease Garand dated '41 right before the U.S. entered the war. I guess people didn't want them early
    on because it had a crown stamped by the muzzle with import marks. Story goes the Brits didn't want to use them and trusted their Enfields so the Garands sat in a warehouse someplace until the mid 50's. Talked to a guy at a gun show years ago who volunteered for the CMP and asked me to come to his house. I went and he took it all apart checking drawing #'s etc. He said
    the only replacement parts on it were the rear sight and front barrel band. It still has the front sight seal. He used to call me
    periodically asking if I wanted to sell it until I told him it is the last gun I'd ever get rid of. Well, sort of. Never shot it but should. Thought about posting pictures in the M1 thread but I'm too lazy.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Almost forgot. I got a lend/lease Garand dated '41 right before the U.S. entered the war. I guess people didn't want them early
    on because it had a crown stamped by the muzzle with import marks. Story goes the Brits didn't want to use them and trusted their Enfields so the Garands sat in a warehouse someplace until the mid 50's. Talked to a guy at a gun show years ago who volunteered for the CMP and asked me to come to his house. I went and he took it all apart checking drawing #'s etc. He said
    the only replacement parts on it were the rear sight and front barrel band. It still has the front sight seal. He used to call me
    periodically asking if I wanted to sell it until I told him it is the last gun I'd ever get rid of. Well, sort of. Never shot it but should. Thought about posting pictures in the M1 thread but I'm too lazy.
    I have never seen a lend lease M1....pictures....please??

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I'll try to pull out the good camera and work on it. My phone camera isn't very good at all. Just found this after a quick search.

Hinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2021
    Central Indiana
    For a pistol I will join in with the 1903 Hammerless. Inherited it from my dad. It’s a 32 auto made in 1911.
    IMG_7370.jpeg

For a rifle I really enjoy shooting my Savage Model 99 in .300 SAV. It forced me into reloading and it also was a family gun.
    IMG_4826.jpeg

For a guns I don’t own yet
    Pistol wise I would really enjoy a Ruger single six .22
    As for a rifle a Winchester Model 70 in .270

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    For a pistol I will join in with the 1903 Hammerless. Inherited it from my dad. It’s a 32 auto made in 1911.
    View attachment 299885

For a rifle I really enjoy shooting my Savage Model 99 in .300 SAV. It forced me into reloading and it also was a family gun.
    View attachment 299886

For a guns I don’t own yet
    Pistol wise I would really enjoy a Ruger single six .22
    As for a rifle a Winchester Model 70 in .270
    Funny, I just sealed a deal on a few hundred once fired 300 cases. I have my GF's Rem 760 and a friend has a 99 also.
    Tough brass to find.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I've always been magnetically attracted to the Benelli B76 series of pistols(B76/9mm, B80/7.65P, B82/9mmUltra). They've got a unique method of operation unlike any other pistol, they're sleek and smooth as glass. They also have the rare combination of a fixed barrel and a semi-locking action so they make fantastic suppressor hosts. I've been collecting them for decades whenever I find one but those days are now over. Used to be you could pick up a nice one for $200-$300 but I must have mentioned them too often,......they're now $2000 and up. Just the single-stack mags are now over $200 each.

Benelli_B-series_pistols_%2842398016855%29.jpg

Not mine(my pics are stuck over on another computer)but from wiki. Three target models and one standard lower right(rare in .32ACP). I do have an MP3S in .32S&W WC like upper left. Also have a nib B80 in .30 Luger and several each B76/B84 in 9mmPara and 9mm Ultra, most of which I've set up for suppressor use.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My favorite that I own, and was a bucket list tilI got it, is a Rossi 92, in .357...To fulfill my inner cowboy, Pistol wise, my grail guns are a Colt Commander, and a Sphinx, (the copy of the CZ-75) in 9mm. I finally got a lefty bolt in my favorite caliber .308, a model 11 Savage...so that's filled. oh oh oh and a Mini-30, and a M1a....A lefty bolt in 7.62x39 would be the icing on the cake....oh oh oh ... and a Ruger No. 1 in .270.....
    To be continued....

DgTech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Franklin
    Always wanted the HK mp5, not for the gun itself. Growing up it stood out with its looks and fame in TV and what got me started with shooting. (Not going to drop that $$ for a wall hanger) but have been looking at a few clones.

Top Bottom