What gets rid of the bug blood from spiders?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So we have vinyl siding, and the spiders LOVE LOVE LOVE to build webs all along the alcove above the front door. All 2 stories of it. They leave behind little brown dots all over the siding and fixtures, cameras, etc. As I recall its the guts/whats left of the bugs they eat. Its a PITA to get off. I Usually have to use a drill brush and scrub the crap out of it. But I cant easily scrub the fixtures and cameras.

Anyone know of a cleaner that will spray on/hose off? It doesnt have to be instantaneous. I can be patient and let it work for a week.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    This should work, but the domestic goddess in your life might abject, good luck!

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    You're going about this all wrong (in my best Christopher Walken voice), get rid of the spiders and the bug guts and blood go too.

Mint/peppermint spray the area or hanging baskets of mint should get ya fixed up this spring and keep the spiders away.

You'll crave Wrigley's Gum all summer and the only way to cure that is with spiders.....................vicious circle, lol.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    OK, only half purple... but what about lye or oven cleaner? It seems to dissolve about anything organic, but plastics are impervious to it. Don't use it near aluminum though.

That said, I don't want to be anywhere close if or when it is sprayed. The splash back/overspray could be wicked to the lungs/eyes/everything else.

--Rick

Lpherr

Occupied
    You're going about this all wrong (in my best Christopher Walken voice), get rid of the spiders and the bug guts and blood go too.

Mint/peppermint spray the area or hanging baskets of mint should get ya fixed up this spring and keep the spiders away.

You'll crave Wrigley's Gum all summer and the only way to cure that is with spiders.....................vicious circle, lol.
    We sprayed using peppermint oil last summer, and normally we see spiders in the house, but none this year.
    The claim is, it works for mice as well. I haven't seen any evidence of that, since our dog has caught 3 outside and ate them.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    We sprayed using peppermint oil last summer, and normally we see spiders in the house, but none this year.
    The claim is, it works for mice as well. I haven't seen any evidence of that, since our dog has caught 3 outside and ate them.
    I haven't had good luck using it for mice either. Mothballs also didn't work. This year I plan on doubling the strength and see if it works

Lpherr

Occupied
    I haven't had good luck using it for mice either. Mothballs also didn't work. This year I plan on doubling the strength and see if it works
    I mixed it a little stronger than suggested, and even tried the cotton balls in baggie, but the little :poop:'s still hang around outside.
    Maybe if I pour it full strength, into the box of air gun pellets and let them soak, before shooting them with said pellets.:dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I spray my house every year with Bonide Termite and carpenter ant killer, active material is Permethrin. Toxic to cats , but it's fairly persistent and kills bugs when they get on it. Works well on boring bees and Asian lady bugs.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I spray the house itself and the porches in addition to the ground next to it. Legions of dead Asian ladybugs in the fall, but none inside the house.
    Good to know, recently ordered some. Hoping it works, sounds like you are having success. Hope it works for stinkbugs also.

How many times a year do you spray?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Good to know, recently ordered some. Hoping it works, sounds like you are having success. Hope it works for stinkbugs also.

How many times a year do you spray?

The deck is sprayed twice, the house gets once in late summer before the Asian ladybug invasion comes in from the woods. Permethrin kills everything, we use it on our clothes and shoes to keep ticks off.

We have more ticks here than dc.;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Top Bottom