• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Took my savage 311a to get reblued and getting around to finishing the stock refinish. Afterwards once my yardwork is caught up will reload some 223 and work on getting the casings resized properly and consistently to prevent sticking in the chamber after firing.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Working on an AR pistol build, 10.5in 556, but so far it's mostly involved checking ups tracking. Also went through and cleaned everything. Loaded all spare mags with self defense ammo. Working on a home defense belt set up for the girlfriend so she can easily have her hands free for the kiddos but still be prepared in an emergency. Refreshed/updated the families emergency plan since we are in a new place. Plan was in place before but got some details ironed out. Been working 5 days a week if you can count watching an empty waiting room as working. Thankful for the steady paycheck.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Updating the stock on SAM7-SF AK. Got most of the parts in just waiting for the new pins for the folding mechanism and the stock adapter to come in. Also ordered a new handguard set for it but haven't gotten a shipping conformation yet it's been almost 2 weeks now. Haven't gotten shipping conformation for the stock adapter yet either and it was ordered the same day. I want to put a folding brace adapter on my AK pistol but I think I'll hold off.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I’ve managed to acquire some mild steel targets that have been shot up and cratered with center fire rifle on one side. I’ve flipped them over, mounted new chain, and will soon hang them for their next life as a light handgun shooting gallery. I know they’re not ar500, but the thin stuff here is 1/2”, some 5/8 stuff mixed in. I’m hoping they’ll handle 22, 9mm, and 38spl. If not, no harm. Just some time and elbow grease.

Attachments

• AC6B21DF-E170-4FFB-8AEB-FB59661A0DD7.jpeg
      AC6B21DF-E170-4FFB-8AEB-FB59661A0DD7.jpeg
      68.8 KB · Views: 16

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I bought a WASR 10 to do as a "****ty AK" project. Cobbled together a set of gnarly surplus furniture, got some beater steel mags, put it all on and went to zero the gun...front sight base is so badly canted it can't zero. I may be going for a "junker" aesthetic, but I still need a gun that hits where I put the sites. :xmad:

Big hassle dealing with Century customer service. Big hassle dealing with my FFL's new banker hours. Local gunsmith turned down the work when I offered to have him straighten it (he's done that ever since the Carcano Incident). Might be three months or more before I see it again (and pay another transfer fee, which just went up $10 to capitalize on covid panic) with all the covid delays. It's really put me in a deeply foul mood this week. I just wanted a fun little project to take my mind off things and it turned into a massive, infuriating ****show because those bumble****s at Century can't build a gun properly. Now there's about a $750 hole in my bank account and no gun until...who knows!?

No more quarantine projects for me, I'm just gonna get fat and watch The Office like everyone else.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Put together an AR15 pistol with a red dot and flip up backup sights.

Planning to do a little zeroing later today.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Accidentally ordered a Toolcraft 5.56 NiB BCG... Doh! Well at least we have a spare for a future project...

Try to find a Toolcraft 6.5 Grendel NiB BCG... like 'teeth of the hen'... :dunno:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Less firearm and more archery actually. Got dad's old JoJan fletching station out. Hasn't seen action in years. Time to clean it up up and put some new feathers on. Some old Ferr-L-Tite too. Brings back memories.
    e0f5d1e595b4c0f3b3511110df1200a1.jpg

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Over the last month and a half, or so...
    lots of reloading.
    Over 1000 rounds of 9mm (mostly range blasting ammo), over 500 rounds, each, of 223/556, 300 blk, 6.5 grendel, 6.5 creedmoor, 308, and a couple hundred 450 bushmaster.
    Also, built 4 polymer80 9mm Glocks and 4 polymer80 AR 15 lowers.

Just trying to keep busy and productive.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've just been doing small upgrades to existing firearms. One example (below) is the addition of a Vortex bubble level on my Super Sniper 10X scope. Also, I popped-in the BCM ambidextrous charging handle.
    Every week, I find that I've bought some parts that I haven't yet installed. Doing so will keep me busy for a while longer.

i-9X9SsJn-XL.jpg

Photography is also a hobby of mine, so I can have additional fun by taking photos of my little projects / upgrades.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I got a project/future money pit due in tomorrow. And some other parts that hopefully will wrap up a different project tomorrow. Im optimistic happy. Even though with my luck stuff will be damaged when I get them

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I got a project/future money pit due in tomorrow. And some other parts that hopefully will wrap up a different project tomorrow. Im optimistic happy. Even though with my luck stuff will be damaged when I get them

I've got another project coming in yet a 10.5" 7.62x39 AR. Now my sister noticed i was building it because the family likes me to keep them posted. Anyway her birthday is coming up and she wants it lol. I'll probably give it to her because it's what I do. Nothing beats giving firearms away as gifts.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I've got another project coming in yet a 10.5" 7.62x39 AR. Now my sister noticed i was building it because the family likes me to keep them posted. Anyway her birthday is coming up and she wants it lol. I'll probably give it to her because it's what I do. Nothing beats giving firearms away as gifts.
    Except receiving them as gifts.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I've already spent my stimulus check before it came in!
    I've finished two project AR builds:
    Put a 9.5" Midwest Industries rail on a 10.5" pistol
    And got a primary arms 1-6x optic for my 16" build
    I gotta take a break before the wife figures out how much I've spent!

Top Bottom