• ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    yes, kill them all. improper flag worship is a serious matter

I can't believe people who served could possibly think that they did so for loftier reasons than the proper handling of the flag.

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    "yes, kill them all. improper flag worship is a serious matter"
    (if it isn't even displayed right, I doubt its being worshiped!)

Flag Code

print off the flag code and go educate people at least read it to them before you kill them!

I think your president and his staff show more disrespect to the flag that someone not displaying it properly

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    what happened to the good old days? We all remember those days. in those days if you did something stupid, the penalty was an ass whoopin.

I know what you mean. When I was growing up, I've heard of people getting their ass kicked for saying less offensive things about the President than what you hear today. It's a total lack of respect by people these days.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

actually, it IS illegal.

4 USC § 7 - Position and manner of display | Title 4 - Flag and Seal, Seat Of Government, and The States | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

"No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, ..."

I can't get FB at work, but I'm assuming it's the US flag flown under Mexican flag on same pole? I didn't not realize that was an unlawful act, even though it's against the flag code.

"Should" sounds like a suggestion, not "shall".

I'm reminded of my thread from last year. A day or two after I posted it the yard was covered in NO TRESSPASSING signs, and then at some point the flags were reversed and now the US Flag is on top.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/245778-what-flag-why-flown-above-old-glory.html

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Instead of fighting about symbols,let us embrace the spirit of freedom that inspired our forefathers to create a nation in which we are free to speak. I find it hard to believe that anyone really wants there to be a legal penalty for improperly displaying a flag.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Instead of fighting about symbols,let us embrace the spirit of freedom that inspired our forefathers to create a nation in which we are free to speak. I find it hard to believe that anyone really wants there to be a legal penalty for improperly displaying a flag.

Last sentence: unfortunately, I find it very easy to believe.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You , having been a soldier , know exactly what those colors , stars and stripes stand for and yet you can still say those words ?

No sense of national pride or patriotism huh ?

Good thing guys like you weren't in Washington's ranks , we'd still be a British colony .

I don't have a clue bat big enough apparently.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    What scares me the most Kut,is that I find myself on the same side of the fence as you on this one...As our flag is a symbol of liberty, it is a symbol of freedoms that we must defend if we are to survive as a constitutional republic. I most vehemently disagree with anyone who would handle a flag in a disrespectful manner...but I cherish their freedom to speak.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Instead of fighting about symbols,let us embrace the spirit of freedom that inspired our forefathers to create a nation in which we are free to speak.
    I thought that real patriots hold state symbols above actual freedoms.

I find it hard to believe that anyone really wants there to be a legal penalty for improperly displaying a flag.
    Disturbingly, more people would like to criminalize irreverence to the flag than you'd think. Not long ago, the U.S. Senate almost passed an amendment to the constitution to make it a federal crime. They needed 67 votes, they got 66.

Amendment on Flag Burning Fails by One Vote in Senate

I did a poll about it on ingo. I had someone tell me they wanted it to be a capital offense. Fun times.

Poll: Flag Desecration Amendment

Top Bottom