• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    These days, INGOers say they'll shoot anyone who dares to punch them in self defense. So which is it? Are we to go back to the glory days of fist fighting or are we too old and tired to fight?

I don't understand the outrage. It's just a piece of cloth. Words are just words and cardboard silhouettes of real people are just targets.

here is the outrage, it is commn sense. ready? if i moved to Italy, i would be even fatter, and i would not put an american flag above an Italian flag, cause someone would whip my ass. its not a hard concept to understand. however to the person who wants to burn them at the stake, calm down.
    someone smack the guy around a little bit ,and tell him what he did wrong. i betcha he learns from the mistake, and doesnt do it again.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    This is more dumb than the wallet thread. You can't go smacking people around because you do not approve of the way they fly their flags on their property. Could you imagine walking by a bodega and seeing a group of guys dragging the store owner out into the street to smack him around a little bit so they could teach him to respect the flag? Good Lord, what's wrong with you guys?

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    This is more dumb than the wallet thread. You can't go smacking people around because you do not approve of the way they fly their flags on their property. Could you imagine walking by a bodega and seeing a group of guys dragging the store owner out into the street to smack him around a little bit so they could teach him to respect the flag? Good Lord, what's wrong with you guys?

a lot.
    lighten up bro.
    the purple was implied.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This ocurred a few years ago, but it boils my blood as quickly today as it did when I first saw it.

I will join you in personal outrage, particularly given that the individual in question apparently values the s**thole he came from more than the country which is supplying him with a much better station in life. That said, I am left with the concern that addressing this through legislation and/or a constitutional amendment will result in nothing but another step in the steady march of boots on top of liberty with nothing whatsoever done to address the underlying cause of certain individuals in our society hating the nation which has supplied them so abundantly in tangible and intangible rewards.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I will join you in personal outrage, particularly given that the individual in question apparently values the s**thole he came from more than the country which is supplying him with a much better station in life. That said, I am left with the concern that addressing this through legislation and/or a constitutional amendment will result in nothing but another step in the steady march of boots on top of liberty with nothing whatsoever done to address the underlying cause of certain individuals in our society hating the nation which has supplied them so abundantly in tangible and intangible rewards.

seriously? do you really think he hates this nation? like kirk said he probably doesnt even know its wrong, like many other people.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    That's old stuff.I remember we had a thread about the same thing a while back.
    I dont actually think it's illegal to fly a foreign flag above the US flag.Against the flag code but not illegal.
    First this guy (the guy who removed it with a knife) showed no respect to the Mexican flag and expected them to respect the US flag?
    Then he steals a US flag?
    I think in that case you should educate the owner of the flag on the proper way to display two national flags next to eachother (on two different poles at the same height and not one above the other) and not steal one and show no respect for the other.
    Now those people are probably only flying the Mexican flag on that pole.
    If you talked to them instead of stealing their flag they would probably have both flags properly displayed right now.
    Yeah, I guess you could talk to them but, I don't speak Spanish.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    It's how you retire it so yeah.

It's wrong to get your point across by showing no respect for their flag, especially when you dont know if they did it on purpose or not.

What is an American citizen leaves his US flag outside at night, with no lights?
    Your first thought wouldn't be to go steal their flag at night but probably to tell them that they either need to add a light or take it down in the evening.

Also it's funny how some people get shocked by this (Mexican flag above US flag) but have no problems with "patriots" who fly the US flag upside down on purpose.

Just my two cents.

This... that Mexican guy was like "WTF... What an *******" He probably had no clue what was going on. Probably just assumed the vet was implying that Mexicans aren't welcome in the US and shouldn't be flying the US flag. My guess is that he wanted to be patriotic and didn't have a clue on "flag code".

Top Bottom