• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Gen 1 Shield .45 with a 7 rd mag. Don't care for the textured grips on the 2.0 series. And a .45 cal so that if I have to use it, the bad guy will KNOW that he has been shot.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Generally Taurus G2C, hey, don't laugh. Over 2000 rounds and not a failure yet. Plus it's cheap enough I have a spare. Tried a few others but keep going back.
    Also a P365 for times I need maximum concealment. It replaced a S&W Bodyguard 380 I absolutely hated to shoot.
    Been trying out a 1911 last couple of weeks, shoot it better than either of the above and amazed at how well it carries in a good holster. Get the feeling it will replace the G2C.
    Except for the P365 which goes in a pocket, all carried OWB.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a spare.
    Your post just made me realize that I have a spare of my carry gun. Well, close enough; I have a Shield 2.0 and a Shield Plus. Other than capacity they work and mostly feel the same.

I have never subscribed to the one is none, two is one philosophy but here I am. :)

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Generally Taurus G2C, hey, don't laugh. Over 2000 rounds and not a failure yet. Plus it's cheap enough I have a spare. Tried a few others but keep going back.
    Also a P365 for times I need maximum concealment. It replaced a S&W Bodyguard 380 I absolutely hated to shoot.
    Been trying out a 1911 last couple of weeks, shoot it better than either of the above and amazed at how well it carries in a good holster. Get the feeling it will replace the G2C.
    Except for the P365 which goes in a pocket, all carried OWB.
    Couldn't agree more.
    The Taurus G2C has been reliable in my hands. Great shooter. I did put a restrike trigger in it (didn't like the trigger safety or trigger), stainless steel guide rod and a fiber optic front sight post.
    I added a rack assist slide handle but may remove it for summer if it prints beyond the limit I like. Primary appendix carry.

I purchased for my wife a Sig P938 in 2015 because the slide was easy to rack but she got a Taurus TX22 last year and loves it.
    Won't let me sell the Sig and that is ok. Sentimental. A bit too small for my hands but I can shoot it.
    You can not go wrong with a 1911!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Your post just made me realize that I have a spare of my carry gun. Well, close enough; I have a Shield 2.0 and a Shield Plus. Other than capacity they work and mostly feel the same.

I have never subscribed to the one is none, two is one philosophy but here I am. :)
    In my case it also helps save some wear and tear on the primary. And if worse comes to worse then I take the spare out of the safe and carry on.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    In my case it also helps save some wear and tear on the primary. And if worse comes to worse then I take the spare out of the safe and carry on.
    Yeah, same here. Both of mine have use. I typically shoot it at each range visit. Before I bought the Plus, I shot the other. Now I shoot the Plus but I did run the other one a few months ago.

I suppose I could rotate them but I've shot them both enough to know they work.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I rotate between a Sig SP2022, P320, and S&W M&P 2.0. I will occasionally, depending on the circumstances, carry a SA Mil-Spec 1911 or a Taurus G2C.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Glock 22 or 27, mainly season dependant but also dress style is taken into consideration. Sometimes throw in a Ruger LCP or snub nose .357mag. Dress up carry is Kimber 1911.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom