What do you use to clean your car's interior?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    InvisiGlass on the glass (of course)
    Damp rag on plastics (soapy if needed, then damp)
    Meguir's (or however you spell it) leather cleaner/protectant on leather
    I'd have to dig out my wife's carpet cleaner. I've also used soapy water, a stiff brush, and then the shop vac on the carpets.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This may be more than you want, but IME Ziebart does a fantastic job with detailing. You can drop them off on a Saturday morning and have it back by 3PM.

I use Windex for the glass and Armor All for the interior of the vehicles. In the winter, I wipe everything down with Lysol wipes.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I don't understand how people get their cars so dirty. It drives me up a wall. Of course my 2011 still looks new on the inside ;)

My aunt rode to work with a woman who drove a chevy citation. The back seat was piled with junk even with the top of the front seat. In the back window there was a plastic bowl that had remnants of tomato sauce in it. Six months later the bowl was STILL there!! :puke:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is the only thing I use on the interiors. I'll spray some one a microfiber rag to clean plastic... My 2015 Jetta was nasty in the driver's footwell from all the road salt, and this got it back to brand-new appearance. Menards has this pretty cheap most of the time (or maybe I've only ever gotten it when it's been on sale, I remember paying 4.99/18oz, not 9.46/18oz)

There's also an upholstery variation of this with a green cap. This doesn't work as well on the upholstery as the yellow cap works on the carpet, but I haven't had any issues with staining/bleaching. My experience with the upholstery stuff is on a car with black seats and an SUV with tan seats. The stains on the black seats had only been there for 6 mo, and it was just dirt on the surface, and the stains on the tan seats were ??somethingdark?? that had been on there for god knows how long. It seemed to me to spread the dark stains around on the tan seats.

Does have Ozone in the formula, so it will get odors out pretty well, but definitely use in a well ventilated area, and don't keep the AC on recirculate for a couple days after.

I'd post pictures of my explorer, but I cheated: I pulled the whole carpet and used a rugdoctor, and I don't have any really detailed pics of anything that I've used exclusively this product on. I should have snapped a couple of the Jetta.

Attachments

• turtle-wax-oxy-power-out-carpet-cleaner-18-oz-11.png
      turtle-wax-oxy-power-out-carpet-cleaner-18-oz-11.png
      3.4 KB · Views: 9

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Nice that you got your car cleaned out. I use windex too. Once I used armor all on a dash. Just once. Nice and shiney, looked great that day. The problem was as night. Every car headlight, every street light, maybe even the glow of the moon reflected off that great shiney dash and made it impossible to see through the windsheild. I like clean but dull for the top of the dash.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Lose the Windex and all the other interior stuff. Buy Sprayway in the light blue and white can. I used that stuff for EVERYTHING when I used to detail cars. It is very mild yet very effective. It will clean glass, carpef, plastic, metal, chrome, wheels, etc... we also use it on the countertops, sink, fridge, etc.... the smell is pleasant. And it is way cheaper than specialized cleaning things. Try a can for <$4 and tell me it's not better.

Top Bottom