• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Here's the situation: The SHTF is about to happen. People are begining to riot and you've decided it's time to get the H&^% out of Dodge. You have been stocking up on guns and ammo, but circumstances will only allow you to take 3-4 firearms with you. Long or handheld makes no difference. You can't take any more than 4. What are your choices? :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Savage .22 Rifle
    Ruger Bearcat .22 revolver
    Marlin 1894C .357 carbine
    Ruger SP101 .357 revolver

If I'm limited to only 4. Frankly, we wouldn't/won't be, and my boy's Bantam Youth Mossberg 500 20 guage, my wife's Marlin 1894CL .32-20, and her little Rossi singleshot in a bag, with interchangeable .22 & 20 guage barrels, would join us. We've arranged ways to cart 'em all, and have ammo for 'em all.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The Sig X-5, ar-10, and 2 m1a's. Caliber continuity is huge for me. I have ammo and mags for all. In case I run into any problems on the way.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'm ALREADY out in the woods - if I have to leave where I'm at now, I'm thinking that a single firearm is all I'd want, because I'm gonna have to be running really, REALLY fast... :)

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I'd have my 1911 and my AR15. My wife would have her designated carry piece (currently a Nagant revolver) and the shotgun. If there's any way to do it (say as a "truck gun), I'd also take the Mosin Nagant and as much ammunition for it as possible.

If not, then I'd reluctantly leave the Mosin behind. While it's ruggedness and simplicity are very appealing, I like the idea of 30 in the well and another four magazines on deck. I figure if you need more than 150 rounds in a single engagement you can officially declare yourself as having a bad day and put in for early retirement. ;)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    AK, AR, Glocks.

Although in reality, many of us would have to be dragged to the car yelling, "Not without my Mosin!!!!!"

On the other hand, the situation may matter - we talking Zombies or Zombie Biker Gangs?

Zombies - All AR's and a 22lr.
    Zombie Biker Gangs - Heavier on the AK's unless the M1A purchase has gone through.
    Aliens - Lots of AK's.
    Rioters - See AK Love taking form here.
    Chinooks Invading from the north - 10/22's should be enough and why break a sweat carrying all that gear?
    Latin Americans from the South - AR's and M1A's (really need to get one some day).
    Cthulhu and Followers - It's an AK day, that is before madness sets in.
    Kamakaze Deer - Any handy NFA item.
    Hollywood Do-Gooders - Something with Bling - maybe a bull barrel in stainless. Shiney tends to distract them well.

All in all, AK's can get me to something better if it is needed. AR's keep me from being close enough to look through pockets. M1A's really need to be higher on my swap list.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    250px-ThermalDet_negwt.jpg

"Because he's holding a thermal detonator!" ―C-3PO, translating for Boushh[src]Thermal detonator - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

On a serious note:

12g SG
    Any 9mm
    Any .22 Rifle
    Any AR15

Sadly my 1911 and AK47 would get left behind. =(
    Being on the run you want to make sure you can resupply your ammo load and the .45 is not going to be easy to find. Over at the AR15 forums the massive post and 100s of post that follows the Katrina event showed that 9MM was in hot demand and easily found along with 12g. Everything else was not.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Here's the situation: The SHTF is about to happen. People are begining to riot and you've decided it's time to get the H&^% out of Dodge. You have been stocking up on guns and ammo, but circumstances will only allow you to take 3-4 firearms with you. Long or handheld makes no difference. You can't take any more than 4. What are your choices? :dunno:

Remington 870 smooth slug barrel, Ruger MKII 22 LR and Remington Nylon 66 22LR or Ruger 10/22.

Instead of a 4th I've probably carry more amo but if I've got all the amo I can get for those three and still have room for one more it would by my 30-06 bolt action or the AR-15.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    If I am bugging out myself, I would only be able to carry two guns. On foot, my M-14 and my Caspian custom 1911 would be the only two guns I would take. If in a car, because I could carry a lot more, both AR-15's, my Glock 19 and Sig 228 so I could have much more common ammo.

swebb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008

LiveLeak.com - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina

If we learned anything from Katrina, the first "authority" that sees you, will disarm you.

If I was going to bug out, I'd absolutely be armed, but very discreetly.

Now, if there is no "authority", it would be AR's and side arms for everyone :draw:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    LiveLeak.com - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina

If we learned anything from Katrina, the first "authority" that sees you, will disarm you.

If I was going to bug out, I'd absolutely be armed, but very discreetly.

Now, if there is no "authority", it would be AR's and side arms for everyone :draw:

The common sense anwser would be....Depends on what it is. Don't take Katrina as the final answer. It was different then the midwest or the western states would react. You had cops on TV looting with the cameras rolling. You have to remember, NO was as corrupt as Chicago is today. Might still be for all I know, not been down there for a few years.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    VZ-58 folding stock 16in barrel very compact and accurate.
    Yugo AK47 can be converted to full auto with a file shares ammo with VZ-58
    XD-9-SC accurate and 16rd mags
    marlin 22lr for critter hunting.....18rd simi-auto long barreled and accurate as they get

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008

Ain't gonna happen! I'm not a city dweller to begin with. I have a very defensable position right where I am. My stores list is complete and right where I am is the best place for me to make a stand. When this time comes, don't think you can run my way and survive. You've already made your decisions as to where you want to live your life so be prepared to buckle down and defend it rather than turn tail and run blindly into an area you know nothing about with whatever you can carry on your back.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If I still had them, I'd take:

Remington 870
    Walther P99 AS 9mm
    Ruger GP100 .357
    and either my Ruger 10/22 carbine or my CZ452 Varmint...one is small and light, the other one, well, it ain't.

-J-

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I would want to get to the city limits, but may have to get there the hard way:

Now that I sold my Dissapator and mags on a failed deal :( :

1 emergency Yugo SKS, as much ammo as I can carry, Ruger 22/45, CD Field Tactical, my Springer GI 1911.

Top Bottom