• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    The most important INGO gave me, was a drive to get Real, Relevant, and Recent (which means ongoing) Training. My family and I are the safer for it.

I can't think of many things more important than that.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I like knowing that there are people out there who are more paranoid than me... in Indiana.

I like how the mods can recognize when someone truly needs banned.

I like how I haven't been banned... yet!

I like having met a few of you in the real world.

I like that we have such honest members... like Bigum1969 who admit their humanity!

And so it goes.

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I love the way newbies like myself are treated.

I have had nothing but the best experience so far :yesway:

And being uniquely Indiana means that you don't have to search the Internets endlessly for our State Firearms Laws :cheers:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Its nice to be on a forum where when people ask a question that has been asked before they are not attacked for it. I have been on other gun forums where a newbie asks a question and all hell breaks loose. Like a pack of sharks tearing apart a dead fish.
    Hate those sharks
    chasedbyshark.gif

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Whats not to like?

Other than the fact everyone here likes and/or owns guns, everyone has their unique life experiences. Not to mention the variety of fields everyone works in, or has worked in. I like being able to ask a question and usually get a response within minutes and not feel stupid for asking a question.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Gotta love the sarcastic humor that is seen on here haha. Also it's a great place to learn more about guns. I'm kindof a noob and I've already learned a lot from this site.:ingo:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Gotta love the sarcastic humor that is seen on here haha.

sar·chasm ('sär-"ka-z&m) : The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said and the person who doesn't get it.
    :D

INGO fills the voids that bacon alone can't. Great bunch of people around here. Yes, even the ones I disagree with. Good info and networking and have made some good friends. Still looking forward to meeting more of you.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Things I like about INGO, in no particular order:

• The fact that a thread like this one brings us all together, even when we disagree in others.
    • The "Hoosier Touch". I have two theories for why INGO is such a polite forum-- first is because "an armed society is a polite society", and second, because you never want to be "too mean" to a member you might just run into at the next picnic or gun show.
    • It gives me something to do when I'm bored at work.
    • I enjoy continually conveying Fenway's vision for what INGunOwners.com should be.
    • I enjoy helping people, and this forum has allowed me to do that in many different ways. I have also been helped by others on numerous occasions.
    • The Mod Team is top notch, and I'm proud to be counted on their side. We are all very different people, but we've all become good friends outside of the forum as well.
    • I like that when 5 people become the "vocal minority" and complain about site censorship, there is always at least 100 INGOers who actually understand the framework and aren't afraid to say so.
    • INGO is an excellent reference site as well.
    • I enjoy all you characters!

Last edited:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    not to :horse: but....

For me its the people and how well they (usually) get along on here. I also agree with Esrice comment about it giving me something to do when bored at work. Which is typically from clock in to clock out. :D

It gives me a place to gain information on gun related things. And a place to wind down off my coffee buzz from work. :yesway:

yeah, I'm wired like nobodies business right now.....good coffee. :D

:ingo:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Well for me what drawled me to the site were the camaraderie and the shared passion for our 2nd Amendment Rights. Now the best thing for me is that I can just close IE when the garbage gets to be too much to filter. The head aches I have endured the last couple of months just isn't worth it anymore. It’s not just one thing or person and I really can't explain it but for me INGO is missing something. My postings have slowed way down, INGO’s growth may seem like a good thing but I am concerned as to what it is growing into to. I know Fenway and the Mods are trying to adjust and hopefully someday I will get back the INGO enthusiasm I have been missing. As matter of fact I would like to see a thread that is just the opposite of this one. Probably wishful thinking but even if a thread got started it would probably turn into a train wreck and get closed.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Well for me what drawled me to the site were the camaraderie and the shared passion for our 2nd Amendment Rights. Now the best thing for me is that I can just close IE when the garbage gets to be too much to filter. The head aches I have endured the last couple of months just isn't worth it anymore. It’s not just one thing or person and I really can't explain it but for me INGO is missing something. My postings have slowed way down, INGO’s growth may seem like a good thing but I am concerned as to what it is growing into to. I know Fenway and the Mods are trying to adjust and hopefully someday I will get back the INGO enthusiasm I have been missing. As matter of fact I would like to see a thread that is just the opposite of this one. Probably wishful thinking but even if a thread got started it would probably turn into a train wreck and get closed.

Train Wreck - Exactly the words that I used :patriot:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

My posts as well have slowed considerably. I too can't put my finger on it. I use to spend hours a day here and now it's just minutes. Maybe this does need it's own thread. I think things started changing when word of the Classifieds got out. While I have browsed them a few times, I have never bought or sold anything. Many have great experiences from them, but I think that well may be when things started to change.
    What kept me here before was how well everyone was treated. How most were willing to help inside or outside of the forum.
    Vigorous debates where people could agree to disagree, but was not belittled for their opinion.
    The amount of knowledge here is incredible and I have learned many new things or better ways to do them.
    This board is full of great people, some I've met and others I hope to meet.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    The "Hoosier Touch". I have two theories for why INGO is such a polite forum-- first is because "an armed society is a polite society", and second, because you never want to be "too mean" to a member you might just run into at the next picnic or gun show.

I've been in a few national forums. Having Most of INGO members living in and around Indiana, keeps the forum unified.

Example: On a national forum, I'd make a statement about concealed carry... immediately, 10 people from other states would tell me I'm wrong.

After a while, it got frustrating. Having a localized forum is much more enjoyable in my opinion.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    the poeple

well i would have to say the poeple that i have met and even the ones i havent.plus all the info that passes threw here is also helpful in many way :rockwoot:

Top Bottom