What do you duct-tapers do at restaurants?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    It was in jest Que. Your a good guy, I don't care what scutter says about you :-p

For those that don't remember, the "not having a sence of humor" bit was from a shooter accused spazmo of being grouchy and not having a sence of humor, he was banned for not respecting mod staff among other things

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    I don't duct tape it to my forehead, I duct tape it to my hands. That way it's always ready to go, and can't be ripped out of my holster by a 5 year old girl.

I was smart enough to tape it to my weak hand, so I don't interfere with everything I do with my strong hand.

Thats the best way to stregthen your weak hand. :yesway:

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Pretty much whatever I want. Its pretty useless though. Its hard to get good service with everybody cowering under the tables or fainting.

Not sure where I asked about OCers, this thread about DTers. OC is a whole new can of worms. Jeeze get with the program man

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I can't point at anything anymore, and scratching my left ear can be a delicate maneuver now, but I'll be darned if I'm not going to be ready when the SHTF.

It's not the left hand that bothers us Ingoers...it's what you might be doing at the dinner table with your strong hand. That ....can make you go blind. :n00b:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Oh for crying out loud guys......sheesh! Do you know what we women go thru to make ourselves look more beautiful for you?

We:
    1) Get our legs waxed, sometimes all the way up!

2) Get our bikini area waxed, so no rampant little curlies manage to poke out at inappropriate times.

3) Get our Eyebrows waxed, unibrows have been out for years!

4) Occasionally get our pitties and navels waxed, but always leaving the "treasure trail" for guidance....

5) Sometimes get our lower arms waxed, depends on how much there is, and what color it is.

6) Also depending on hair color, as well as age....get our mustaches waxed, no guy wants to kiss a girl with more of a "stash" than he has!

7) Get our toes waxed....that usually depends on amount of, and color as well. Also the type of shoe being worn for the occasion.

8) And occasionally, as we get MUCH older (like 70's and 80's) the stray little whisker that appears out of nowhere to rear it's nasty head, which requires a mad dash for the tweezers.

All else can be adhered to our bodies (hand guns included!) with a neat little invention called "Co-Ban" (aka Vet Wrap for those who're in the animal business). It's stretchy, holds just about anything in place, and sticks to itself. Hence no hair pulling, screaming or whining when removed.

WHY do guys always resort to Duct Tape????? Is it a Macho thing??? Or are you pain & suffering. Possibly into B&D or S&M???? Life is SSOOOO much simpler when you're a woman, we think of things that we can do that WON'T hurt us, not cause us searing pain, and leaves a glaring red, blotchy, and sticky spot of skin (as well as a nasty rash) that looks SOOO obvious???? If we wanted to do that, we'd have your children by CSection, and wear our scar proudly! (They even cut them below the bikini line now, and if your surgeon has a sense of humor, he can cut and leave a little "smiley face" scar.

Good grief....do we have to teach you everything????? :D
    BTW, Co-Ban can be used for either CCing or OCing, depending on what you're wrapping it around/to. And it comes in colors! Imagine that!

7th Stepper

Last edited:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    WHY do guys always resort to Duct Tape????? Is it a Macho thing??? Or are you pain & suffering. Possibly into B&D or S&M???? Life is SSOOOO much simpler when you're a woman, we think of things that we can do that WON'T hurt us, not cause us searing pain, and leaves a glaring red, blotchy, and sticky spot of skin (as well as a nasty rash) that looks SOOO obvious???? If we wanted to do that, we'd have your children by CSection, and wear our scar proudly! (They even cut them below the bikini line now, and if your surgeon has a sense of humor, he can cut and leave a little "smiley face" scar.

7th Stepper[/QUOTE]

You mock our use of duct tape!!!!

I, for one, will not stand here and have you mock not only my manhood, but the whole principles upon which this great Republic are founded... as he hums patriotically while leaving this tread. :patriot:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana

7th Stepper

You mock our use of duct tape!!!!

I, for one, will not stand here and have you mock not only my manhood, but the whole principles upon which this great Republic are founded... as he hums patriotically while leaving this tread. :patriot:[/QUOTE]

Uh-hu!..... That just proved my point! It's a "Man Thing"! Oh, and OK, if it's a question of "manhood...", I DARE you to have some sensitive part of your anatomy waxed! And not scream as it's being ripped off! Ever seen "The 40 year old Virgin"? :D

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Uh-hu!..... That just proved my point! It's a "Man Thing"!

My tennis shoe is duct taped to keep the sole on right now for all the same reasons a man would do it too. :):

1. Duh. It's duct tape. 101 uses isn't nearly enough.
    2. I'm too cheap to go buy another $20 pair of shoes at Wally World.
    3. I like my shoes. Duct tape just gives them character.
    4. Scientific investigation into the holding properties of duct tape when being stressed on a daily basis. I'm going to put it into a formal report and send it to the manufacturer and hope I get a roll of it for free. You know, like that guy with the Honda that had a million miles.

I was actually relating to the stories. The firearm behind the ear is classic. Since I quit smoking though, I can keep two firearms there.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    My tennis shoe is duct taped to keep the sole on right now for all the same reasons a man would do it too. :):

1. Duh. It's duct tape. 101 uses isn't nearly enough.
    2. I'm too cheap to go buy another $20 pair of shoes at Wally World.
    3. I like my shoes. Duct tape just gives them character.
    4. Scientific investigation into the holding properties of duct tape when being stressed on a daily basis. I'm going to put it into a formal report and send it to the manufacturer and hope I get a roll of it for free. You know, like that guy with the Honda that had a million miles.

I was actually relating to the stories. The firearm behind the ear is classic. Since I quit smoking though, I can keep two firearms there.

Yes, however your reasons make sense. It's not like you're Duct Taping your shoe to your foot for an easier way of keeping track of it. As for holding the shoe together, it works great, sometimes even better than what the original maker of the shoe uses to adhere the different parts together. ;) Duct Tape on appliances, even furniture (albeit a bit tacky),:rolleyes: upholstery on cars, and other such things are perfectly acceptable, they make sense.

But using it as an alternative holster? And having to tip off hair, skin and other bodily parts in the effort to remove or rearrange it, is rather excessive. As I stated before, Co-Ban works great for stuff like that, and doesn't disfigure you in the process. :yesway: Just fyi, it works well on shoes and other items that can be wrapped, even the Drs are using it now to bandage parts that are sensitive to the different tapes (silk, plastic, etc) than they would normally use. The adherence is far less destructive to your skin, and won't leave a mark at all. I've used it for years, on all sorts of things, and one of it's other nice qualities, if taken off correctly, can be reapplied and reused. Leaving no sticky residue behind to attract the dirt and dust that comes with most other forms of tape. :rockwoot: (With the exception of paper tape, but that stuff is pretty much useless in the first place.) Also, you save on the bottles of alcohol, and the wipes that you can buy, just to get the dirty goo off. :):

Last edited:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It's been scientifically proven that you can solve any problem with duct tape, WD-40, and beer. Duct tape for anything that moves, but shouldn't. WD-40 for anything that doesn't move, but should. And beer for everything else.

This can be found in the "Big Damn Book of Sheer Manliness". :patriot:

Last edited:

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    7th stepper ... I don't care how woman make themselfs beautiful... I'm just glad you gals do .. keep up the good work

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    It's been scientifically proven that you can solve any problem with duct tape, WD-40, and beer. Duct tape for anything that moves, but shouldn't. WD-40 for anything that doesn't move, but should. And beer for everything else.

This can be found in the "Big Damn Book of Sheer Manliness". :patriot:

:D Ahhh, now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Duct Tape has no value what so ever. It has many many uses on a variety of things, even things that were thought to be a lost cause to try and fix. We have several rolls of the stuff around the house here, and use it for a myriad of things.

I'm just saying that using it as an alternative for a holster is a bit "out of the norm", when it comes to good, quality, uses of this fine product.

I used to advise my ex-step kids that if they didn't stop annoying the heck out of me while I was working, I was going to step in a fresh pile of "road apples", take off my sock and Duct Tape it into their mouths! They were silent as a graveyard after that! :rockwoot:

It worked every time! At least I got SOME peace and quite while they sat there and tried to figure out if I'd really do it or not! :D (To answer any questions....NO, I did not..) It started a sort of "family tradition", that they used with their own kids while they were growing up!

We still giggle over it to this very day!
    So Reason #102 to always carry a roll of Duct Tape! To silence unruly, obnoxious and very ill behaved children!

Top Bottom