• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Didn't really keep track, but I shot 100 +/- rounds of .300 Blackout, a couple hundred rounds of .223, 50 rounds of 9mm, 50 rounds of .357, 50 or so rounds of 12 ga, and a few cylinderfuls of .45Colt/S&W/ACP. Bad start ot the day, but it ended up being fun.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Friday, I left work early and shot 150 out of my new M&P 9c. Not hand loads, but I was making brass. And I also shot my first 50 hand loaded .45ACP out of my XD. They all went bang and I did not blow myself up. :D I was amazed how accurate they were compared to the factory ammunition I had been using. Now it's time to get the load dialed in, and come up for one for the 9mm. And, of course, the pics of my first 50:

2012-02-02_22-12-03_761.jpg

2012-02-02_22-12-36_196.jpg

The load:

CCI LPP
    230 gr. Berry's
    4.4 gr. Titegroup
    1.210" OAL

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Just got home from shooting about 100 rounds of 9mm and 60 rounds of .223. It was a nice time for sure. Ready for some dry weather. It was a tad muddy.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    And I also shot my first 50 hand loaded .45ACP out of my XD.

And, of course, the pics of my first 50:

PJ, this is the EXACT reason that this thread was started, folks just like you!

New loaders need a place to share what they have made. It drives away fear from those on the fence about getting in as a reloader, and I will tell you this for sure, it helps THIS old timer get excited that someone else is going to carry on this wonderful hobby after we pass off of the scene!

Seriously, the greatest joy in my life has been when I prayed with my kids for them to recieve Christ as their personal Savior. Real close to that in the natural is seeing a new reloader get started.

Happy for you, keep us the good work!

That isn't to say that you Old Salts aren't appreciated too, but when a new one comes along, I get kind of excited! ;)

Keep 'er going PJ!

Klah Taxidermy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2011
    Loaded 150 rounds of 9mm. Getting tired of seeing empty brass around. Getting ready to fill up the 44mags and then start on the 357 max. Like I said, getting tired of seeing empty brass. No fun being empty.lol

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    Skip, the 358 Enterkin is not deer legal it is a full length 300 weatherby mag blown out so way to long. I will try to get my son to post pics when he comes home. I still have not figured out how to do that yet.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Got some .308 loaded up for the Savage and some .223 loaded up for the Bench rest Ar. Cant wait for the weather to get a bit better, so I can get to the range an try out the latest loades:ar15:

0212121543-00.jpg

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    When I have time to reload, it'd be my 458 socom since they are so expensive to buy new. I have 200 cases to use but they're all loaded now.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    401080409.jpg

I cast up a couple of hundred of these yesterday. The lube should be dry by now and I'll get 'em loaded up this weekend.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Took the whole fandamily out to the range today. Had a blast! The 7 year old ran a hundred rounds through a bolt action 22, the 10yo ran a hundred through the Ruger Race Rifle, wife ran a hundred through the ar and I might have gotten 50 off while managing the mayhem. Good times! What better way to bring the family together for some good clean fun!

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Son #2 and I went out and blew up all of the 45ACP I loaded this morning that I posted about in the "How long does it take to payback.............." thread.

I forgot to mention in that thread that I also made up about 100 rounds of 44Magnum too. 11.5gr of Surplus Unique topped off with an Elmer Keith 250gr LSWC,cast in my very own garage! Shot those puppies out of a brand new 1986 vintage Ruger Redhawk. I bought it just this past week and that thing is a shooter!

Lots of fun with the boy, well, young man, that is. Quality time! :)

bluepkp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    I didn't load anything today but I did prep my loading room for the upgrade that will be here Tuesday. I am upgrading from a RL550 and Lee sinlge stage to a XL650 and a Forster Co-Ax.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Found some Barnes 168 TSX left overs on the shelf the other day, so I run some '06 brass through the FL dies last night and they are in the tumbler getting nice and clean. Check for correct case length this afternoon, and load them up for zero checking later on so I won't have to use the first batch of loadings. Wrangled my way into a guided bull elk hunt out of Meeker Colorado in the Flat Tops this fall. Did some checking on the CODOW website, and with what the outfitter has said, the success rate is 90% + for the 2nd or 3rd season, nothing like letting a good horse do all the hard walking for you. Good friend I'm going with talked with the guy the other day, and there's a excellent chance we won't have to use our preference points. We're going to take our time going out instead of a straight drive thru, so we won't be beat by the time we get there. Stop along the way and do a bit of sight seeing if we find something interesting. Ain't getting any younger, so this laid back trip is something I'm really looking forward to.

Top Bottom