What did you get at the Jan 2014 Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    I picked up a SCCY CPX-2 for $239 plus tax, and was happy I did. That's a tough price to beat--the next-cheapest I saw was $259.

Picked up some .38 ammo, and grabbed some of that ZVS 9mm ammo for $14.95/box

Got a nice soft case for my pistol carbine, and a couple of German military folding stoves.

Oh, and some beef (and kangaroo) jerky for the kids. :)

I had my other impressions of the show here, if anyone cares to read them. I thought it was a great show this time (minus the parking!)

scootersrockin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    I picked up a holographic sight for my AR. Otis cleaning patches, an Otis Bone tool, and several little dental picks, scalpels and tools because they are extremely handy at work.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hepatitis a-c, tuberculosis, and most likely, lice. On the upside, Sheila made me a good deal on an ESEE Junglas and a pretty pink Izula for the Mrs., Glock +2's, web dominators, a few patches, but mostly, a creepy icky feeling!

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Deet did you get the G-17 from a Vendor? How many mags, box, etc, etc, and if you don't mind. How much?
    Saints and Sinner, next time you go LMK and I 'll give you $ for a blk/gold velcro INGO patch, and swing by and get it from you later.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I got to see something I with never get out of my head. I was in "the junk room" (where the roasted almond people are) and there was a holster company set up on the back wall. Walked by and heard some stupid kind of rap type music with a beat playing and saw a grown man standing against the wall sticking his ass out and twerking. Some things can never be unseen!

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    Picked up a Ruger 10/22 Takedown for the wife, stainless barrel with black stock, at the show. She really loved the backpack that came with it. I picked up another takedown, except this one was multicam, at Dicks on the way home (they had better prices than the 1500). The second one was for me.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Deet did you get the G-17 from a Vendor? How many mags, box, etc, etc, and if you don't mind. How much?
    Saints and Sinner, next time you go LMK and I 'll give you $ for a blk/gold velcro INGO patch, and swing by and get it from you later.

The G17 was in really awful shape. It was dirty everywhere, and the front of the slide has deep scratches on it. The rear sight looks like a mouse was chewing on it, the bottom of the grips look like someone took a file to them. It is a mess. He wanted $400. I had a Keltec P11 that I got in a trade. The guy didn't have $100 so he said pick a gun off his table, I chose the only new gun there the P11. So I offered the vendor my Keltec P11 and $50 for the Glock. To my surprise he said yes. I now have a very used Glock that I will use as a truck gun and an edc. Here is a pic, the camera sucks but it really is in rough shape.
    glock.jpg

glock1.jpg

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    let's see:

$160: 5000 CCI #400 SR primers
    $15: El Cheapo AR soft case
    $30: Dewey rod
    $15: surplus M16 cleaning kit
    $18: couple Magpul rail sections
    $20: misc cleaning brass brushes, oil, picks

Indyelmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Didn't buy Alot

5.00 parking
    12.00 x 3 entry fee
    20.00 Punisher Slide plate Glock26
    13.00 tenderloin and fries and drink

Saw Alot I wanted but funds were short ..... Buddie bought me a I love Guns and ******* patch !!!!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Didn't buy anything for the last couple of shows and did not go to this one even though I used to go every show. Have not gone since the prices got wonky.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I left around 2:30 sunday afternoon, still saw bunch of people buying tickets at the entrance. and the halls had pretty good crowd inside.

Sheppsan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    It was really crowded, thought the prices of many guns were still somewhat inflated over other places. Saw an AK over $500 more that same in local shops.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Was there on Saturday. The only fair prices i saw was at zx. Bought two ruger pistols. lc9 and an lc380. Best prices at the show by far. Maybe next time i will save the agravation and got straight to zx, buy what i want and go home.

Top Bottom