What did you get at the Jan 2014 Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Please tell me why people haggle and waste the vendors time, to get them down to their lowest price, and then walk away!?

Because if he'd come down to $635 or lower I would have bought it on the spot, instead of ordering it online and waiting. The conversation with the guy took all of a couple minutes and no one else was at his table at the time as they were getting ready to shut down the show. Pretty sure I didn't hurt him any.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I picked up a 1944 Browning / FN, Ingliz Hi-Power in excellant condition, Hardly a mark on it. It has been shot but not a lot and has been very well taken care of. I paid $625 for it. Did I steal something? And "No", it did not come with the original magazine or the shoulder stock and holster.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Because if he'd come down to $635 or lower I would have bought it on the spot, instead of ordering it online and waiting. The conversation with the guy took all of a couple minutes and no one else was at his table at the time as they were getting ready to shut down the show. Pretty sure I didn't hurt him any.
    Understood!
    but really, $14 difference? You wouldn't rather have it now and support a local than save $14 and wait a week or two?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Understood!
    but really, $14 difference? You wouldn't rather have it now and support a local than save $14 and wait a week or two?

Well, I was trying REALLY hard to talk myself out of it completely. Thought I'd done a good job and got all the way to Tuesday before I caved. USDS did me good with the FFL and I'm going to support them by getting some AR parts there, so I will be supporting my LGS, just not the one from the show.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well, I was trying REALLY hard to talk myself out of it completely. Thought I'd done a good job and got all the way to Tuesday before I caved. USDS did me good with the FFL and I'm going to support them by getting some AR parts there, so I will be supporting my LGS, just not the one from the show.
    Good!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    ^^^^^ this

Well, I ended up buying a high end rail for my AR and a couple Glock mags when I picked my VTAC from USDS. I figure between the FFL and the extras, I did okay for them. Sat and talked to them for quite a bit and really enjoy going there. Will definitely go back and give them more business when I can :)

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well, I ended up buying a high end rail for my AR and a couple Glock mags when I picked my VTAC from USDS. I figure between the FFL and the extras, I did okay for them. Sat and talked to them for quite a bit and really enjoy going there. Will definitely go back and give them more business when I can :)

Thanks man :bacondance:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Understood!

that's $14 of his money. that's $2 more than the show ticket and $3 short if he paid for the parking.

raptorracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I got lots and lots of steel targets. Good price and fun to shoot. Once i changed to steel and instant reaction targets my shooting image has changed. I like to hear that gong go off. I like to hear and see the target swing. I like to weld and build things.

From the show i got some good ideas on a battle tree.
    Anyone watch top shot?
    That show gets my blood going to build something to shoot from or at or to. Can't wait for the spring time so i can enjoy the outdoors and enjoy my hobby.
    Good show
    can't wait for the next one. Maybe the .22 ammo will be reasonable price by then.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Finally picked up a M1A scout. Been wanting one since I sold my Loaded m1a. Also found a USGI fiberglass stock, and a couple battlepacks of 7.62x51.

Top Bottom