What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We pay a lot less for our streaming services than we did for Dish network, and have exponentially more to watch.
    I do as well. BUT, I do not have what I had with cable. Very limited sports and current programming. A single or couple can save if they limit it like we do, but a family of four with older kids trying to get a big variety of sports and current programming will pay more…

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Boyz n the Hood on Netflix last night. A well done movie with a sad commentary on the early 1990's that sadly continues today. How challenging for a young man to break out of that cycle.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I do as well. BUT, I do not have what I had with cable. Very limited sports and current programming. A single or couple can save if they limit it like we do, but a family of four with older kids trying to get a big variety of sports and current programming will pay more…
    Sports is probably the biggest one. Peacock and Paramount give you their programming live. Others do not that I have seen. I don't watch a lot of sports anymore, so I really don't notice it.

Hulu live gives you live network sports, but it costs nearly as much as cable.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sports is probably the biggest one. Peacock and Paramount give you their programming live. Others do not that I have seen. I don't watch a lot of sports anymore, so I really don't notice it.

Hulu live gives you live network sports, but it costs nearly as much as cable.
    The killer is college sports as it is so fragmented not only across multiple networks but the conferences have their own channels, and most folks are not just looking for “sports”, they are looking for their team or the “big” game.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just saw Samsung plus that is free on Samsung TV’s has now reached 350 channels. Freevee has about that many also.

The problem I see is that I have both and have found no convenient way to know what is on and when. Has anyone bought a DVR for streaming? Been thinking about that for a while but not sure how well they work…

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If it wasn’t for my wife wanting to sit down with me in the evening and watch about an hour’s worth of TV, I’d not have anything outside of Prime. And that’s only because I have Prime for shopping purposes.

Watching TV takes me away from pursuing other activities that I enjoy more.

That said, there comes a point in the day when I want to slow down so TV is not totally useless. I could be happy catching a movie or something at some point during the week.

It's my near future retirement that has me wondering how TV will dovetail into my life. I really think that in retirement, watching TV can be one of the most deadly activities one can pursue. I have a LOT that I want to do in retirement, so I don't see me putting much priority on TV. However, if I do live long, as I age and can no longer do the things I do, I will need something, so at that point TV may become more important. My in-laws (in their 80's) and my mother(96) watch TV. It's just what they do at their stage in life. It does have the capacity to entertain, provoke thinking and conversation.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

Luckily my family couldn't care less about sports or getting local channels. We normally rotate streaming services other than our mainstays (Prime, Netflix, and for some reason Disney). I had Hulu for a couple months to watch the last seasons of Letterkenny and Archer, but just cancelled it and got Apple TV so I can watch Monarch and Silo. There seems to be a lot more on Apple TV than the last time I tried it. Last time I had it, it wasn't worth the monthly price because there wasn't much available.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm giving Obliterated (Netflix) a go.

I had just downloaded all of the Hobbitt/LOTR movies for long-haul flight viewing, and Prime dropped them right in the middle. :rolleyes:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Watching Elementary on Hulu (modern day Sherlock Holmes in NY). I'm getting a kick out of it because it's the same guy from Eli Stone. We loved Eli Stone but there were only 2 seasons. I may have to watch Elementary on my own because Mom has a hard time following it.

Top Bottom