What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Started watching season 1 of True Detective on HBO max.

I really like it. Really dark and creepy.

Lots of nudity/language if that kinda thing bothers you.
    Seasons 1 and 3 are excellent. Season 2 never held my interest. Some of the best TV available.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    There's a Halo series on Paramount+ now. Opening episode was pretty good. A little put off by the chief taking his helmet off on the first episode though :dunno:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Seasons 1 and 3 are excellent. Season 2 never held my interest. Some of the best TV available.

I heard over the weekend Matthew McConaughey and Woody were coming back for season 4. The story did not make it real clear though if they were going to star in it or just produce it.

In my opinion season 1 is right up there with HBO's other series Deadwood and Band of Brothers.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...In my opinion season 1 is right up there with HBO's other series Deadwood and Band of Brothers.
    1 was awesome. 2 is... Uh... Not.

McConaughey and Woody are so much better than Vaughn and Farrell. But Rachel McAdams ain't hard to look at, so season two isn't all bad.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    1 was awesome. 2 is... Uh... Not.

McConaughey and Woody are so much better than Vaughn and Farrell. But Rachel McAdams ain't hard to look at, so season two isn't all bad.

Agreed.

For me season 2 had it moments but season 1 was so good, it is hard to compete.

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Anyone else into Upload on Amazon?

Just finished season 2 and really enjoyed it. Nice plus is the young lady who plays Nora. . . :rockwoot:
    I'm hoping there is a second half to season 2 coming.... Was only what, 6 or 7 episodes vs the 10 last year. Plus the ending was....lame.

Sent from my LE2121 using Tapatalk

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yep 7 episodes, rip off.
    These “seasons” seem to get shorter and with amore time elapsing between them as time goes on. Often times, by the time a new season starts up it’s been so long since the last episode, I almost have forgotten the story lines. There’s probably more to it than I realize (there usually is) but I don’t get it. Not sure if it’s a budgeting issue or what.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've been meaning to watch it. I've never played the video game/games and really don't know anything about it except what the armor looks like.
    Cliff notes version is hundreds of years in the future, humanity has gone interstellar and colonized other planets. The main Earth based military/government (UNSC) is involved in a semi-civil war with rebel colonists on several planets when a federation of several alien species following a fanatical religious doctrine(the Covenant) starts a war with humanity as a whole.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Cliff notes version is hundreds of years in the future, humanity has gone interstellar and colonized other planets. The main Earth based military/government (UNSC) is involved in a semi-civil war with rebel colonists on several planets when a federation of several alien species following a fanatical religious doctrine(the Covenant) starts a war with humanity as a whole.

So, this is pre Warhammer 40K? :laugh:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And there's a bunch of funny videos online.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just finished "The Last Kingdom". Good series!

Agreed. Been watching that series for the last several years. Kinda sad to see it end.

Only thing I wont miss are their names. Unless it was Uhtred or the King, everyone elses name sounded the same, hard to know who was who. But back then Bob, Phil, Bryan, Steve and Joe were probably not common names. :)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Agreed. Been watching that series for the last several years. Kinda sad to see it end.

Only thing I wont miss are their names. Unless it was Uhtred or the King, everyone elses name sounded the same, hard to know who was who. But back then Bob, Phil, Bryan, Steve and Joe were probably not common names. :)
    That's the problem I have with Russian literature, I couldn't keep the names straight. Tempted to give it another try, but I like to read for fun most of the time and while the story was enjoyable, reading it was just straight up work.

Top Bottom