What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Minor spoiler ahead...

I watched the series over 2 nights, and definitely *not* with Mrs. oze. An example of what she would not have liked was the scene in which exit wounds from close-range shots from a Desert Eagle (caliber not specified) are shown.
    What bothered Mrs. TJBB was the leg breaking to get the body into the trunk.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ozark +1
    I could not handle Reacher.

Just my .02.
    Interesting. I could not get into Ozark. It's too hard for me to imagine Jason Bateman in such a role. I keep thinking of Horrible Bosses or Couple's Retreat. :)

What didn't you like about Reacher?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    It's not a series for everyone but so far it is much better than I dared hope it would be. They strayed from the book in a few places but where they did so seems to be an improvement in almost every case.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's not a series for everyone but so far it is much better than I dared hope it would be. They strayed from the book in a few places but where they did so seems to be an improvement in almost every case.
    We are on episode 6 I believe. My wife and I both enjoy it which is kinda surprising for her. But she is only good for one episode per night and then she needs something lighter, lol.

I like it. Has some humor and Roscoe is not bad on the eyes, especially episode 4, I think? I haven't read the books so I can't make any comparisons but I like the no nonsense, brutal honesty of Reacher. And the toughness of Roscoe.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    We are on episode 6 I believe. My wife and I both enjoy it which is kinda surprising for her. But she is only good for one episode per night and then she needs something lighter, lol.

I like it. Has some humor and Roscoe is not bad on the eyes, especially episode 4, I think? I haven't read the books so I can't make any comparisons but I like the no nonsense, brutal honesty of Reacher. And the toughness of Roscoe.
    I'm only on episode 3 but the humor is one of the things that wasn't quite there in the book but I really appreciate about the series so far. It's kind of refreshing to watch a series where the hero hasn't been neutered or overburdened by angst.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Watched Old Henry on Amazon, really good movie. If you are in the mood for a really good western, this is one.

No boobs, a little language, lots of action and some gun shootin.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just started season 4 of Longmire.

Wifey was skeptical when we started. Now I catch her sneaking peaks at the next episode after I go to work in the morning.

One source of constant annoyance to me is Walt cocking the damn hammer on his trusty 1911.:facepalm:

Last edited:

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    My wife and I started watching "The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window" on Netflix and are up to episode 6. We both really enjoy Kristen Bell in this role...just don't know how such a small lady can drink so much? LOL

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    My wife and I started watching "The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window" on Netflix and are up to episode 6. We both really enjoy Kristen Bell in this role...just don't know how such a small lady can drink so much? LOL
    We (wife and I) just finished it. We enjoyed it!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Wifey was skeptical when we started. Now I catch her sneaking peaks at the next episode after I go to work in the morning.

One source of constant annoyance to me is Walt cocking the damn hammer on his trusty 1911.:facepalm:
    My wife liked it

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

I have watched the series maybe 3 or 4 times, one of my favorites. I feel it picked up after Nexflix took over.

dobe77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Northeast IN
    Interesting. I could not get into Ozark. It's too hard for me to imagine Jason Bateman in such a role. I keep thinking of Horrible Bosses or Couple's Retreat. :)

It reminded me of a Steven Seagal/MacGyver combo with some bad acting. I like a more realistic crime/adventure.
    I know Ozark is not very realistic either.....I guess I want to see what the outcome is for the family. Sort of a Breaking Bad interest. :)

Top Bottom