What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    We are watching Spiral (Engrenages) on Prime. It's a French cop show with multiple seasons. Starting on season 5 tonight.

The show was done in the late 2000s. Season 4 has striking similarities to what is going on in the USA today. Same people doing the same things.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I tried it but couldn't last. I wanted him to toughen up more and faster. Maybe that isn't realistic considering his job at the time, but I don't necessarily watch TV for realism.

Did he get tougher as the season(s) went on?

He definitely toughened up midway through season 2. Sometimes he’s a jerk.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I watched the first episode of Hart of Dixie last night. I'm always looking for something that my wife likes and I can at least tolerate. So far, this one may work.

I have watched ******'s Creek for far too many episodes and it's just not doing it for me. I'm surprised I have actually made it to season 2.

I did watch The Worlds Toughest Race, Eco Challenge Fiji. I liked that, but I have done some endurance type challenges so it kinda appealed to me.

Has anyone watched any Cobra Kai episodes? I liked the Karate Kid but that was a long time ago. Fight scenes looked cool in the trailer but we all know how trailers can be.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I watched the first episode of Hart of Dixie last night. I'm always looking for something that my wife likes and I can at least tolerate. So far, this one may work.

I have watched ******'s Creek for far too many episodes and it's just not doing it for me. I'm surprised I have actually made it to season 2.

I did watch The Worlds Toughest Race, Eco Challenge Fiji. I liked that, but I have done some endurance type challenges so it kinda appealed to me.

Has anyone watched any Cobra Kai episodes? I liked the Karate Kid but that was a long time ago. Fight scenes looked cool in the trailer but we all know how trailers can be.
    Greg, you might want to try Sweet Magnolias on Netflix also. Definitely leans toward chick show, but still tolerable. I've only watched the first episode.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Who's watched 'Yellowstone', is that worth watching?

To give you an idea of how county my friends in general on FB are, last week im feed was flooded with people talking about the ending. I was like "what?" I didn't even know that show existed.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    To give you an idea of how county my friends in general on FB are, last week im feed was flooded with people talking about the ending. I was like "what?" I didn't even know that show existed.

I think season one is great. Season two is pretty good. Season three was kinda disappointing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not near as many Kelly Reilly naked clips in Yellowstone as the first season.

I like the show, with or without nudity, but the change is noticeable. :dunno:

I do notice the possible overuse of the word **** a lot more. Maybe language is the replacement for nudity to keep the show's edge?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Not near as many Kelly Reilly naked clips in Yellowstone as the first season.

I like the show, with or without nudity, but the change is noticeable. :dunno:

I do notice the possible overuse of the word **** a lot more. Maybe language is the replacement for nudity to keep the show's edge?
    Just clarifying for the greater good... F word or Sh word?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Could be just me? Often the F word is overused in a lot of these shows. It often stands out like it was scripted there on purpose vs how the character would otherwise speak?

I don't have virgin ears, nor am I immune to using the word myself. I try not to let it rule my conversation though, saving only for special occasions...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Could be just me? Often the F word is overused in a lot of these shows. It often stands out like it was scripted there on purpose vs how the character would otherwise speak?

I don't have virgin ears, nor am I immune to using the word myself. I try not to let it rule my conversation though, saving only for special occasions...
    Like you, I'm no prude when it comes to profanity, but I agree it's overused. It's like they use it just because it's cable (or whatever) and they feel they have to.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Like you, I'm no prude when it comes to profanity, but I agree it's overused. It's like they use it just because it's cable (or whatever) and they feel they have to.

I think a lot of the stuff I see on Netflix creations and others is "because they can do it" and the regular networks can't. And to me, that makes these shows not as good.

Gratuitous, pointless violence, gore, sex, and language just "because" isn't my jam. I like to see it used in context to the overall experience.

If it fits the narrative, go for it. Like Denzel Washington in Training Day. his language fit perfectly. Or Joe Pesci in Goodfellas. The list can go on, right?

NSFW! Language warning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84VqqCPI7w

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Just finished the third season of Handmaid's Tale on Hulu a couple days ago. S4 was supposed to come out this fall but the whole covid thing pushed that back.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I'm not reading 54 pages of this to comment, but I will comment.

If you watch The Old Guard, you will be assailed with EVERY F'ING cliche about immortals that you've ever seen or read. There is no new ground covered in this movie. The action is good, but the concepts have been explored multiple times in film and literature. The fact that they left that cliffhanger ending does not inspire me to watch the sequel they are SO OBVIOUSLY promoting. I hope they don't make a sequel. The ending teases it, but I hope they don't.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm not reading 54 pages of this to comment, but I will comment.

If you watch The Old Guard, you will be assailed with EVERY F'ING cliche about immortals that you've ever seen or read. There is no new ground covered in this movie. The action is good, but the concepts have been explored multiple times in film and literature. The fact that they left that cliffhanger ending does not inspire me to watch the sequel they are SO OBVIOUSLY promoting. I hope they don't make a sequel. The ending teases it, but I hope they don't.

Yeah, I was not impressed with it. I thought it was going to be a movie about how this group of immortals go around and save people that are in bad situations. Instead for two hours they really didn't accomplish much of anything except try to save themselves.

I may watch a sequel depending on what I am doing at the time, but if they don't make one, it won't break my heart.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm in the middle of season 3 of Chuck, and I just don't care any more. It hasn't really developed or changed that much. Same silly pranks at the store, same spy missions where Chuck bumbles the mission but comes out smelling like a rose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom