Not open for further replies.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    One of the songs I heard when I was a kid that made me want to be a musician. The drummer, Ron Bushy, passed away on Sunday at the age of 79. One of the greatest drum solos ever!
    When I was a DJ in college, I'd put on that song (read: album side), lock up the studio, and go grab a coupla beers.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Pure cool.
    Past Perfect Vintage Music on youtube.
    Old music with the scratchies removed.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Pure cool.
    Past Perfect Vintage Music on youtube.
    Old music with the scratchies removed.
    Sometimes there even video that makes it look like you're back in the day... playing it on the turntable.... just search for "vinyl" or "HD vinyl" when typing in the album, or song. Sometimes though... those little pops, and scratchies can be the part that bring back the memories.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I had some recorded 8-tracks (recorded from vinyl to tape). There are certain Pink Floyd songs from "Wish You Were Here" where I can almost remember when the 8-track switched tracks. :):
    Same here with 10CC "I'm not in love" that used to click over in the middle of the song. Pissed me off every time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Same here with 10CC "I'm not in love" that used to click over in the middle of the song. Pissed me off every time.
    Funny that you mention that song. My best friend's older brother was convinced that the line, "Be quiet. Big boys don't cry" was really "Be quiet. Pink Floyd in Quad" (back in the 70's when "quadraphonic" was a thing). :lmfao:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I only learned of J.J. Cale in the early 2000's and was never able to see him live unfortunately.
    This performance is a great contrast between J.J.'s laid back voice and guitar vs Clapton's kinda brash blues style but they compliment each other.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Iron Maiden's newest album "Senjutsu" is released and I will be walking around looking like I got bit by a Brazilian Wandering Spider for days.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Funny that you mention that song. My best friend's older brother was convinced that the line, "Be quiet. Big boys don't cry" was really "Be quiet. Pink Floyd in Quad" (back in the 70's when "quadraphonic" was a thing). :lmfao:
    When I was a kid, I thought it was, “Be quiet, be quencher quiet.”

These days, I can’t remember when to pick the kids up from school, but I can remember stupid sh** like that from 40-some years ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom