• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Mishawaka
    The best? Eley Tenex Pistol. Only for special occasions, but it's the best in my 10/22s. I've also seen a lot of people who like Wolf MT.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I broke mine in with CCI standard velocity and have also put 100-200 of the CCI minimags through it. I have shot a few of the Remmington sub sonics, maybe 5 or 10, but not many at all - no issues. With the exception of the rail mount my only issues have been 1D10T errors on my part.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    best accuracy

RWS subsonics or Wolf Match Target. None of the High Velocity stuff comes close in accuracy to those two. Winchester 333 hp bulk gives acceptable accuracy out to about 35 yds. All my 10/22's have been rechambered or rebarreled so that might affect my results.;) YMMV

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Shoot Bossing Appleseeds I have seen tens of thousands of rounds go down range in the last year.

Remington anything - 8 out of 10 times an instructor will need to toss them a box of some other ammo about half way through Saturday. Or they get real good at clearing their action.

Match ammo - shoots about as reliably as anything else, at twice the price. If you are not lighting match heads stick to bulk packs.

Winchester - Seems every box I see is different. 333, 555, Xpert, etc. Seems to work fine.

CCI Mini Mags - By far the most reliable ammo we see. Not always the most accurate but good for 2 MOA in just about any rifle and never seems to cause issues.

Federal Bulk Pack - Until August I would say was the best thing out there. Two of my three my loaner rifles loved it. Recently, with new purchased boxes, I have seen as many as 50 to 70 FTE per box. This from ammo purchased all over the state.

Federal Champion - Still good, when I can find it. I really like the #810.

CMP Match ammo - I think this stuff is black powder based. I had a shooter use some in one of my loaner rifles and it required a complete strip and cleaning after 200 rounds. It all fed well though.

just my observations, nothing more.

YHJ

Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    CCI MiniMag is by far the most Accurate I've found for my 10/22. All the mechanical parts are Stock & Original.
    I did however just upgrade my stock to a tactical model to accept a Tactical Stream Light. I bought this rifle back in 1986.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I sighted my 10/22 in at 50 yards last weekend. I took some Federal Champion, Stingers, and Velocitors. Out of 180 rounds of the Champion I had probably 10-15 stovepipes. The other ran flawless. So mine seems to prefer the hyper velocity ammo.

Top Bottom