• ...and so much more!
  • Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I really hate to complain, but dang...it’s May 9 here in normally beautiful northern IN lake country. Outdoor thermometer reads 35.5* at lunch time. Rain gauge has 2.6” in it since about 1AM, have a “moat“ between my house & my shop and sump pump beginning to run. So much steam rising/blowing from lake that visibility is limited to less than 100 yards. For last half hour it has now been snowing to the point starting to accumulate on some surfaces. That is all, rant over.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That's weird. It's 75 degrees and sunny here in Indianapolis.

Hope that weather doesn't move south, frost isn't good for palm trees.

:):

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I'm on Gary, radar looking better now, but it has been chilly the last few days and this rain is like grey filter on everything.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    star_wars_fathers_day_card_large.jpg
    It could be worse. It could be Fathers Day.

We’re sitting here in the rain binging Star Wars.

Crash7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2020
    IN
    I’m down by Evansville. My neighbor is building a big boat in his back yard. Starting to get concerned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I really hate to complain, but dang...it’s May 9 here in normally beautiful northern IN lake country. Outdoor thermometer reads 35.5* at lunch time. Rain gauge has 2.6” in it since about 1AM, have a “moat“ between my house & my shop and sump pump beginning to run. So much steam rising/blowing from lake that visibility is limited to less than 100 yards. For last half hour it has now been snowing to the point starting to accumulate on some surfaces. That is all, rant over.

I thought Mother's Day was about honoring our mothers. I didn't realize weather mattered.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I thought Mother's Day was about honoring our mothers. I didn't realize weather mattered.
    First Mother's Day since she passed away in Nov. I would give anything to have her here with us again no matter what the weather is. This month is gonna be especially difficult because her birthday is on the 18th as well.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    My mother has been gone for many years. My mother-in-law passed in the 90’s. 2 sons ( neither married ), 1 is a State Dept diplomat and in South America, 1 lives 20 miles away and visited yesterday So no one visiting us. My wife of 50 years said she wanted to just stay in and veg. So no mothers for me to honor today. The dogs and I are on our own. The comments were somewhat tongue in cheek, referencing Mother’s Day merely because that is what today is. Regardless, excuse me for wishing the weather was better today...mainly because of temps and snow on May.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I’m down by Evansville. My neighbor is building a big boat in his back yard. Starting to get concerned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Other than delaying the finish to putting crops in the ground, the rain is very welcome. Dryness/drought have continued to increase here since last year and becoming a real concern.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The comments were somewhat tongue in cheek, referencing Mother’s Day merely because that is what today is. Regardless, excuse me for wishing the weather was better today...mainly because of temps and snow on May.

Oh I know.... just yanking a chain!

Daughter and wife out for some "girls time".

I got to take a long hike with a damn good dog!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    First Mother's Day since she passed away in Nov. I would give anything to have her here with us again no matter what the weather is. This month is gonna be especially difficult because her birthday is on the 18th as well.
    I wish there were something of substance I could offer, but there isn't. It is s truly terrible thing. You definitely have my sympathy.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    First world problem...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My mother has been gone for many years. My mother-in-law passed in the 90’s. 2 sons ( neither married ), 1 is a State Dept diplomat and in South America, 1 lives 20 miles away and visited yesterday So no one visiting us. My wife of 50 years said she wanted to just stay in and veg. So no mothers for me to honor today. The dogs and I are on our own. The comments were somewhat tongue in cheek, referencing Mother’s Day merely because that is what today is. Regardless, excuse me for wishing the weather was better today...mainly because of temps and snow on May.
    I know you meant no disrespect. It's just a somber day here and the weather is the furthest thing on my mind. Peace be with you and may everyone honor their Mother on this Day whether she is still here or just in memory.

Thank you to everyone for the kind condolences.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yeah it was a stinker here, too. Rained all day. Cold. Asleep all day because I was at work all night. Family refuses to get together or do anything because they're all still scared of the rona after 14 months.

Top Bottom