• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • catfishjn69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    West side of Indy
    if a chemical spill like what happend in west virgina would happen here but on a wider scale what have you done to get through? what water purification processes would work? say the issue went on for 6 months for a 5 state area where trucking water couldnt be done fast enough. tying to fine an answer to where to go on water purification and storage.

catfish

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have a well, so I wouldn't have to do anything. I imagine that if it went on for a very long time, lots of other people would have to see about drilling wells. Or exist off of bottled water for a long time.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    For an area that large to be affected it would have to be a nuke strike..

Cities pull water using many methods.. the WV spill seemed to have effected towns that pulled direct from the river.. If one area were to have a spill you could just take water from another watershed..

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I plan to switch from 2x55 gal drums to a 400 gallon tank for rain water this spring. Used primarily for the garden, but would be a decent drinking water backup (with a little filtration).

Specific to THIS water issue: drive to (insert family outside of effected area), fill every container I have with water, drive back. Repeat as necessary.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have 2, 1000 gallon storage tanks that are fed off the roof with a well in the basement for a backup. I can pull the feeds for the tanks and go into survival mode and be fine for a year.

But, that's not the point of your post, so I'll play along.

Depending on the chemical, distillation rejecting either the first or last, or both, of the run and a 55gallon drum filled with activated charcoal.

Worst case scenario I can electrolyze water then burn the hydrogen (or run it through a PEM fuel cell to recoup some of the power) and collect the water.

Of course, I have a 400 gallon truck tank that I could drive to somewhere unaffected and truck it in.

Top Bottom