Wendy's announces Uber-like surge pricing model…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They gotta make us download the app first. If they force you to use the app? Already lost my business. A kiosk in the dining room is one thing. But requiring that OR an app? F that.
    Hardee's makes certain offers only available through the app (not available through regular online ordering or in person). So as much as I loathe apps for that, I tried to download theirs. It says that my phone is incompatible. :n00b: Seems to me that if you want people to use your app, you should make it universally compatible (at least for all smart phones).

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I knew the robots were out there but didn't know they had deployed any of them yet. I've seen videos of various iterations and based on what I saw they do a damn fine job. One version even prepped the patty as part of the process, it looked like a delicious home grown burger when they were done.
    I would very much prefer a robot makes my food. Pretty much no chance it had just come from the bathroom, or picked its nose, or shot up dope, hell, I’d rather a pack of trained rats prepare my food than most people that are moping around out in society.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I would very much prefer a robot makes my food. Pretty much no chance it had just come from the bathroom, or picked its nose, or shot up dope, hell, I’d rather a pack of trained rats prepare my food than most people that are moping around out in society.
    Reminds me of several years ago when two of the drive through workers at our local McDonalds overdosed while working and waiting on people !!!!!! One was about five minutes from checking out.

Lpherr

Occupied
    It's amusing that people get upset over "fast food". It is neither fast nor food.
    This is complete crap that they convince people is good, tasty, or the best you can get. Then they charge you the same or more, than getting real food at a real restuarant.
    It's simply convenience for most people, but it isn't convenient for the wallet, or your health.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But they WILL instead use flex pricing to lower costs during slower times to boost business.

Typical marketing ploy like somebody said upthread. Promise the worst then when you appear to back down people see the not as bad thing almost like its good.

"WE ARE GOING TO BAN ALL GUNS!"

"NOOOO!!!!! YOU CANT BAN ALL GUNS!"

"On second though we are not going to ban all guns. Just a couple."

"Well in that case, its not so bad I guess. Could be worse. At least its not ALL guns. "

Although WRTV's article was idiotic. Headline "Wendys not doing surge pricing"
    In the footer are a list of other stories from the Scripps newswire. One of the headlines?
    "Wendy's is going to implement surge pricing."

LOLWUT?

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    People actually still eat McDonald's, BK, Wendy's, Taco Hell??
    I've had to eat a very small amount at McDonald's one or 2 times in the last 25 years and that's because I wasn't driving and with a group and there was no other choice. I can barely remember it and I'm going to keep it that way! Gross:laugh:

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    They gotta make us download the app first. If they force you to use the app? Already lost my business. A kiosk in the dining room is one thing. But requiring that OR an app? F that.
    Nope, not gonna happen. There isn't a restaurant on the planet I'd download an app for. In fact the only brick and mortar store I have any app for is Lowes. And that's only for looking up product locations when I don't feel like roaming the store.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe like this.

Drive through is empty, store computer notifies the system, the app tracking you pops up and says baconator for $1.99 if you order now.

I think that's going to be the actual play. An attempt to drive business at low business times with discounts. I bet you also see some sort of forced rarity marketing plays. "We're making a *insert off menu item here* but only for the next 4 hours, get your *thing* before it's gone!"

And I also agree it's likely to be app driven. Several people in the fast food thread seem to use apps for the discount, and maybe it's popular among a younger demographic? Unless they are going to have outside menus with gas station like instant change pricing, I'm not sure how else you'd drive it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nope, not gonna happen. There isn't a restaurant on the planet I'd download an app for. In fact the only brick and mortar store I have any app for is Lowes. And that's only for looking up product locations when I don't feel like roaming the store.
    I am the same. But how much money will you leave on the table by not having an app before you buckle? That is the question I struggle to answer. I suspect I lose several bucks a meal not having fast food apps…

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    I am the same. But how much money will you leave on the table by not having an app before you buckle? That is the question I struggle to answer. I suspect I lose several bucks a meal not having fast food apps…
    How much will I leave on the table? All of it.

I don't eat at fast food restaurants enough to care about whatever financial scraps they want to throw at me as incentive to use their app and give them access to whatever data they want to collect.

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    Maybe we are looking at the wrong supply/demand component. What if the scarcity is labor? if you eat lunch at 12:30 pm you pay more than at 3:30 pm? Just trying to think through why they might do this.
    It's a shameless cash grab. I hate to boil it down to this, but it is what it is. Inflation is happening rapidly and they're trying to squeeze every last bit of profit out that they can before no one can afford to eat out anymore.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    How much will I leave on the table? All of it.

I don't eat at fast food restaurants enough to care about whatever financial scraps they want to throw at me as incentive to use their app and give them access to whatever data they want to collect.

I honestly don't even care what data they want to collect. I'm just not willing to be bothered to use an app. If I'm eating fast food, I'm driving. I, presumably, can't use an app while driving. I *probably* don't know what restaurant I'm going to select until I stop for gas. An app seems a burden to use under the conditions I'm buying fast food. If I were routinely using the same restaurant at the same location and it was a convenience feature for me, then sure, as long as it didn't have annoying notifications.

In fairness, I won't use the touch screens either. If you don't have a speaking meat space person who can take my order, I'm not interested.

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    I honestly don't even care what data they want to collect. I'm just not willing to be bothered to use an app. If I'm eating fast food, I'm driving. I, presumably, can't use an app while driving. I *probably* don't know what restaurant I'm going to select until I stop for gas. An app seems a burden to use under the conditions I'm buying fast food. If I were routinely using the same restaurant at the same location and it was a convenience feature for me, then sure, as long as it didn't have annoying notifications.

In fairness, I won't use the touch screens either. If you don't have a speaking meat space person who can take my order, I'm not interested.
    They are making convenience very inconvenient.

Top Bottom