• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    You can only murder so many of a country's women and children before the hatred becomes ingrained. Obama has gone out of his way to prosecute his drone war and ratcheted up the killing of women and children to unheard of levels. He's just creating the next generation of enemies.

You are wrong... they simply hate our way of life.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I would think the billions in free money we've pumped into their country would have earned us a bit of tolerance when they are knowingly harboring a person responsible for the death of thousands of non combatants on US soil. If not, tough ****, nothing in life is free. They should refuse any more free money and politely ask us to stay out of their country which we should gladly agree to while pulling the boys home.

Would you care to direct us to the evidence that this person was responsible for the deaths of thousands of non-combatants on US soil?

I'm pretty sure all you're ever going to come up with is statements from politicians and government stooges that he's was a bad guy.

They have created the article of faith that he was the one and said they would produce the evidence but we are all still waiting for it, and I would suspect we will continue to wait forever as well as for the actual proof he was killed in Abbottabad in 2011.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Would you care to direct us to the evidence that this person was responsible for the deaths of thousands of non-combatants on US soil?

I'm pretty sure all you're ever going to come up with is statements from politicians and government stooges that he's was a bad guy.

They have created the article of faith that he was the one and said they would produce the evidence but we are all still waiting for it, and I would suspect we will continue to wait forever as well as for the actual proof he was killed in Abbottabad in 2011.

If you would care to provide evidence to the contrary feel free. I believe the man claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Unfortunately, as much as it may upset some, everyone in this country is not entitled to every piece of information or evidence in existence. I'm not in the FBI, CIA or any other federal agency tasked with investigating what happened on 9/11 so how/why would I possess any evidence? Nor do I believe everyone involved in the investigation intends to mislead the American public to cover up some great conspiracy. The man was an admitted enemy of the United States of America.

I ran out of aluminum foil last week.

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Cosnpiracy or not... this war on terror is played out and more expensive than we can afford. No more needless killing... bring the troops back and spend the money at home fixing this mess of economy we have.

Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    This is what happens when you blow up their neighbors and villages with drones.

Perhaps you're correct, but if they would police themselves and their more radical, fundamentalist neighbors, we wouldn't have to.

No one in this country can get very far out of line before all Hell is let loose on them. In places like Pakistan, the leadership and a good portion of the population, condemn the acts of their own religious terrorists and then do next to nothing to control them.

Despite my views, I would be completely in favor of bringing home all our troops, equipment, money and technical knowledge and closing the borders until all these rabid naysayers sort themselves out. Unfortunately, they will never do that or even keep themselves to themselves. As long as anyone feels the need to attack or demonize any American interests, I would rather fight them on their turf than ours.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why? Why should we worry about what they think, do or say unless it has a direct impact on us? We have plenty of problems at home, we don't need to worry about the problems of others. Unless someone poses a significant and very real threat, why should we care? If we still had all of the money we've given away to other countries we could have built impenetrable defenses which could defeat any possible attack on our country. I'd have rather seen that money go toward our peace of mind than to their corrupt governments. Very few countries are any better off after receiving billions of free money from us.

I don't care what my neighbors do inside their own house or on their own property unless it poses a direct threat to me and mine. I don't see "foreign policy" any differently.

I see your point, but the machination of geopolitics doesn't work on the same level of rationality that you and I do when discussing what's going on in others' homes.

I guess we would need to define "direct consequence." Country A sells military materiel to Country B. Their money, their business, right? What if Country B then makes war on us? What if we knew about the purchases and had reasonable suspicion to believe that Country B would use that materiel to make war on us? Wouldn't our government have a responsibility to influence Country A's decisions not to make that trade? Or is it just supposed to let the cards fall and have nothing but reactive decisions to make?

If you knew your neighbor was handing his friend a firearm so the friend could bust in on your Sunday evening football watching and steal from you, perhaps rough up the family members (or worse), what would you do? If you don't have a relationship with your neighbor, not much you can. But if you do, you might be able to convince your neighbor that such a course of action by his friend isn't in anybody's best interest.

It's not an exact analogy, but it delivers the point well enough. The U.S. government is tasked with protecting its people. I think "meddling" in foreign affairs is a perfectly reasonable way to do that. We cannot be islands in this world any more. It is more dangerous to us than not. And we don't have what we need for self-sufficiency. Historically, not many nations did. Even if we could make it work, the standard of living would drop drastically to make it happen. That'll go over like a lead balloon.

This message brought to you from backwoods Indiana by people who've never made it out of the state, let alone the country. :noway:

I think the we've got our quota on idiot comments like this already. Keep it up though, you're almost to 50.

Yes, because only world travelers can have an informed opinion. :rolleyes:

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In 2011 I think congress had a 13% approval rating and we still vote the same turkeys in....So who cares what Pakistan thinks or even if it is ever going to change? You better correct the micro before you can address the macro.

gvrfvkkhm0kuazuyg6jpoa.gif

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I see your point, but the machination of geopolitics doesn't work on the same level of rationality that you and I do when discussing what's going on in others' homes.

I guess we would need to define "direct consequence." Country A sells military materiel to Country B. Their money, their business, right? What if Country B then makes war on us? What if we knew about the purchases and had reasonable suspicion to believe that Country B would use that materiel to make war on us? Wouldn't our government have a responsibility to influence Country A's decisions not to make that trade? Or is it just supposed to let the cards fall and have nothing but reactive decisions to make?

If you knew your neighbor was handing his friend a firearm so the friend could bust in on your Sunday evening football watching and steal from you, perhaps rough up the family members (or worse), what would you do? If you don't have a relationship with your neighbor, not much you can. But if you do, you might be able to convince your neighbor that such a course of action by his friend isn't in anybody's best interest.

It's not an exact analogy, but it delivers the point well enough. The U.S. government is tasked with protecting its people. I think "meddling" in foreign affairs is a perfectly reasonable way to do that. We cannot be islands in this world any more. It is more dangerous to us than not. And we don't have what we need for self-sufficiency. Historically, not many nations did. Even if we could make it work, the standard of living would drop drastically to make it happen. That'll go over like a lead balloon.

I think the standard of living is going to drop drastically regardless before much longer.

I see your point and I understand that things have worked like this for some time now but I also believe the U.S. is in a position which hasn't been seen since the Roman Empire. If we were to pull all of our troops home, ships back into our waters and focus our efforts to defending our own soil I don't think any country in the world would seriously consider attacking us. If we were to take a lesson from Israel and we completely destroyed the first country that makes an honest effort the message would be pretty clear and our safety would be secure.

I can't speak intelligently about whether or not we could produce everything we need to maintain our current population but it certainly seems plausible. We may not get to eat as many bananas or avocados but I think we could make it work. I think we could still import and export to countries provided these dealings were beneficial to both countries.

Just like buying groceries now. I don't chip in money so the grocery store can re-pave the parking lot, renovate the building or hire security guards. If they want those things they can set their prices to allow the profit margin to pay for them. If they price themselves out of the market I'll take my business elsewhere. As things seem to work now, we buy the building, pay the employees, stock the shelves then pay for the groceries for a lot of countries. I see it as unnecessary.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    can you provide an example?

Google is your friend. We gave away over $50,000,000,000.00 in foreign aid in 2013. I'm thinking that money could have been put to more appropriate uses here or at least not borrowed or collected from the citizens.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think the standard of living is going to drop drastically regardless before much longer.

I see your point and I understand that things have worked like this for some time now but I also believe the U.S. is in a position which hasn't been seen since the Roman Empire. If we were to pull all of our troops home, ships back into our waters and focus our efforts to defending our own soil I don't think any country in the world would seriously consider attacking us. If we were to take a lesson from Israel and we completely destroyed the first country that makes an honest effort the message would be pretty clear and our safety would be secure.

I can't speak intelligently about whether or not we could produce everything we need to maintain our current population but it certainly seems plausible. We may not get to eat as many bananas or avocados but I think we could make it work. I think we could still import and export to countries provided these dealings were beneficial to both countries.

Just like buying groceries now. I don't chip in money so the grocery store can re-pave the parking lot, renovate the building or hire security guards. If they want those things they can set their prices to allow the profit margin to pay for them. If they price themselves out of the market I'll take my business elsewhere. As things seem to work now, we buy the building, pay the employees, stock the shelves then pay for the groceries for a lot of countries. I see it as unnecessary.

I agree with you... and have long questioned the point of hoarding our own oil reserves while spending money like hotcakes to empty the oil reserves of the middle east. Some where in the back of my head, I HOPE that our government sees an economic collapse on the forefront and is printing as much money as it can to secure our needs and make us self sufficient for the future by hoarding resources so we can rebound quickly from the collapse of the dollar.

Unfortunately... I have a feeling that our government is either oblivious or blinded by its own glory.

Either way... California and Arizona grow a TON of Avacados, so no worries... we will be able to make plenty of Guacamole during the apocalypse :D

Last edited:

Scott223

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    i believe that no matter what we do in those nation states we will not be liked. It is time for us to let those nations decide for themselves their own course. We should defend our nation, but when your facing an enemy who is not a nation state, how do you defeat them? I am a marine and mourn the loss of all my brothers and sisters in combat no matter what branch they served in, what cost we have paid in these last 2 wars, what have we gained? There are no easy answers to this but we should bring our warriors home.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    no seriously...where to we run free grocery stores?

You are aware that the term "groceries" refers to food generally? And that one major thing our U.N. funding does is provide foodstuffs like rice, grain etc to various third-world areas?

Top Bottom