• ...and so much more!
  • Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    ...a pretty decent year so far:D

Last winter I made the decision to lay off the handgun thing for a while and concentrate on long guns...... specifically semi-auto rifles.

Rewinding to mid December I placed an order for a Larue Tactical PredatAR in 5.56 with a 16" barrel , was told 10 week wait ...... well it turned out to be a bit longer than that but will get into that later;)

Come the mid February I was still itching for a new toy and just so happen to have been looking at .308 ARs which as most you know range in price from slightly expensive to e-freaking-gad :):.

Well I go walking to my LGS and noticed this bright blue rifle case leaning against one of the display cases ...... on the end it said .308 26" Varmint, needless to say my interest was peaked instantly.

As I scanned the ARs there it sat, a new Rock River Arms .308 with the 26" stainless varmint barrel, I went over picked it up to look it over then just about as quick looked at the owner of the shop and just said "MINE":laugh:

I had to wait a week so I could get another pay check before I took it home so he put in the back room to wait for me .............after a week I picked it up and then came the setting it up to my liking.......

First came a Magpul PRS stock and DPMS spacer ....
    P1010053.jpg

After that came the glass and a mount to put it in.

For a scope I picked a Vortex 6x24x50 PST in SFP and mounted in to a Larue LT104-30
    P1010052-1.jpg

Then it was time for the small stuff ...... a Harris BRM bipod , Accu-Shot monopod for the rear and a Pelican 1750 to carry it in (I am so glad that thing has wheels on it to LOL )

Here it is the way it sits now .....

P1010042-2.jpg

With the exception of the one flyer that I know I pulled, this group isn't bad for the first time out with it.

2012-04-01114048.jpg

Fast forward another month or so I was still waiting on the Larue to be built and was looking for something new once again, but as many of you know trying to find guns in stock a most distributors right now is almost impossible.

So I got looking around found some Arsenal SGL-31s in stock and since I do love me some AK-74 especially a Russian made ones I had to have one:ar15:

I decided on one with plum furniture and a few days later went home with this beauty:D

P1010088-1.jpg

Later on I am planning on switching to wood furniture done in a Russian Red like shellac, so I picked some new East German Bakelites to go with it....

P1010075.jpg

Fast forward again to the second week of May and I get an e-mail that my Larue is done and shipped :rockwoot:........... a bit past the 10weeks but oh well;)

Needless to say it was well worth the wait and makes me want another one of their rifles.

It came in with the standard OD green stock and pistol grip which I had thought I would like....... I didn't LOL

So I ordered a Magpul STR and one of Larue A-PEG pistol grips in black to go on it in place of the OD MOE and A-PEG.

P1010100.jpg

I then put a set of Larue marked Troy flip sights and a Burris 1x4 MTAC in another LT104-30 mount and broke out the P-Mags I had stashed waiting..

P1010089.jpg

P1010101.jpg

After a fun day at the range :cool:

P1010119.jpg

Now I just need to break down start the process for the Surefire QD can that slips over this;)

P1010093.jpg

So I would have to say it has been a decent year thus far like I said in the title........ though I think I am done now for a few months , as I need to build a new gaming computer and that is going to end up costing a chunk :n00b:

........... after that who knows I have been eyeing a new Springfield TRP :evilangel:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    2nd picture from the bottom had so much "larue" branding that without thinking i wrote "larue" in the middle of a sentence in an email i was writing to my mother. Ha. The 5.45 is sweet. Plum always looks good. Nice work on all your guns.

Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    2nd picture from the bottom had so much "larue" branding that without thinking i wrote "larue" in the middle of a sentence in an email i was writing to my mother. Ha. The 5.45 is sweet. Plum always looks good. Nice work on all your guns.
    :laugh: ...... To be honest had not even noticed that in the picture.

and thanks everyone for the compliments:thumbsup:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    ...a pretty decent year so far:D

Last winter I made the decision to lay off the handgun thing for a while and concentrate on long guns...... specifically semi-auto rifles.

With the exception of the one flyer that I know I pulled, this group isn't bad for the first time out with it.

2012-04-01114048.jpg

That's not a bad group but you still missed the quarter :D

Top Bottom