• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    A couple of my colleagues are in San Francisco right now for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons annual convention…

They’ve already reported seeing homeless defecating in the streets and urinating in trash cans, near the convention center. What a great look for all of the domestic and international elite medical professionals attending the event.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The owner of two, thousand-room-plus hotels in San Fran says he’s going to walk away from the $750M loan on the properties because “…we believe San Francisco’s path to recovery remains clouded and elongated by major challenges - both old and new…”

The Hilton Union Square claims to be the biggest hotel west of Las Vegas, and nearby Parc 55 sounds like it‘s nearly as big. The owner, Park Hotels and Resorts, ceased making loan payments. I don’t know who the lender(s) is(are), but I’m sure they are serenely receiving the news that they are about to claim unproductive collateral surrounded by a sea of **** and mental illness and industrial scale crime.

But the good news is the city will have more facilities to house the homeless! Win-win!

Hmm. The brakes on my truck have been functional but not fully for going on two years now. Maybe I should just stop making payments since its no longer working out how I'd like. This story is a great example of why I could never succeed in business and I knew it from a very early age.

That said, I'm having a difficult time faulting the guy too much for abandoning a responsibility he willingly accepted, the ugly part of me could justify it pretty easily given the situation. Perhaps someone with the means to borrow, and walk away from $750 million dollars should have spent a bit less time "businessing" and a little more time contributing and may have prevented the insanity which ruined his investments from coming to fruition.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A couple of my colleagues are in San Francisco right now for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons annual convention…

They’ve already reported seeing homeless defecating in the streets and urinating in trash cans, near the convention center. What a great look for all of the domestic and international elite medical professionals attending the event.
    I used to go to AAOS every year, glad I missed this one!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    First time for me in SF was 1994. It was weird then
    My first and only time in SF was 1980 on the way to Okinawa. Spent two days walking around the city before I got on a bus to Travis AFB. I was really weird then and cannot imagine how bad it is now.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Top Bottom