• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gary72

Plinker
    Dec 17, 2012
    North Central IN
    Use the link in post #34 above and then follow the instructions in post #38. Jeff's site is down and he doesn't use a computer. There are a lot of posts about his quality and features in this forum or better yet go see his safes and talk to him at the next Indy gun show. Last I heard delivery for a new order is out to December.

UPDATE: I talked to Jeff at the Indy Show and he has a new price list. I have put a copy on my Flicker page along with photos of my safe. You can see it here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/94841087@N05/

Last edited:

Gary72

Plinker
    Dec 17, 2012
    North Central IN
    I talked to Jeff Johnson at the Indy Show today and he has a new web site. About all it has is his Contact info & Prices at this point because he is too busy trying to build safes as fast as they sell. :-) He said he is out to March right now, but sales at the show have been good so he may be into April pretty quick. Here is his new web site. Johnson Safe

longbarrel

Expert
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I would love to get one of these safes, but here is my question.

If I can get a safe at Gander at 20% off, which is the better 'deal'? I love to give my money to the local guy when ever possible, but there is a breakeven point when the all mighty dollar is involved.
    Why sacrifice quality on something that is designed to keep your most valued possessions safe? For $800? Don't think it is worth the risk, and definitely not worth the return on investment. (to buy an inferior product)

Thegeek

Master
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've tried twice to email them to ask about options (colors, interior setup, etc.) on one of their models. I'm ready to place an order, but I haven't been able to get a reply. My main question to them was do they have a showroom and "office" hours where I can come and hammer out the last few details to get the ball rolling. Anyone know?

bmwguru

Plinker
    Dec 24, 2008
    Jeff Johnson is not an email/internet kind of guy. The best way to get ahold of him is to call him at 317 769-6337 He doesn't have a showroom, just the shop where the safe's are built. He will be happy to meet with you at his shop and discuss any and all questions you have. They are some of the best safes for the money IMHO. I own a BR-660 myself. Have had it for about a year and absolutely love it.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've tried twice to email them to ask about options (colors, interior setup, etc.) on one of their models. I'm ready to place an order, but I haven't been able to get a reply. My main question to them was do they have a showroom and "office" hours where I can come and hammer out the last few details to get the ball rolling. Anyone know?

Johnson makes great safes, but they aren't really web-oriented. I'm a little behind you on the shopping path. Called them last week and you can drop by their shop (they don't have a showroom) during the week or by appointment on Saturdays. I'd recommend calling ahead to verify someone will be available to show you around. They are booked months into the future, so they don't put much effort into sales. They mostly sell by word of mouth.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom